Chapter Twenty Four

"If we can talk to the original Anacondrai snakes, they might be able to send theses imposters to the cursed realm." Garmadon explains.

"To do that, someone will have to be sent to the cursed realm as well." Wu says.

"That's where I come in."

"But Brother, no one has ever come back from there. I won't allow this."

"I know. I can't make up for all the things I've done. Let me do this one thing. If I can save all of Ninjago, I will." Garmadon looks back at Lloyd, whom is still holding my hand.

"Son-"

"I don't want to hear it. If you do this, I'll never forgive you." Lloyd yells, cutting his father off.

His grip on my hand tightens, but it doesn't hurt. "Do whatever you want. Go ahead and walk out on your family again. It's what you're good at. Let's go, (Y/n)." His words were like knives, but I knew he didn't mean any of it.

He's just upset that he might not get to see his father again...

It's my fault he's like this anyways.

Once we get off the bounty, Lloyd was the one to let go of my hand.

"This isn't your fault." He mumbles as if reading my mind.

"But it is. I was the one who told him of the plan. I also kept the rest from you, so sorry.." I say looking at the ground.

"It was ultimately his choice. Not yours. You didn't force him or anything. He decided it on his own." Lloyd began to falter. His once angry expression turned sad.

"I just don't... want to lose him again."

"Lloyd, everything will be fine." I say in an attempt to comfort him as I wrap my arms around him.

"How are you so sure all the time...? How do you know things will work out they way you think? Cause I really wish I could be like that."

"It's... complicated."

"Things are always complicated with you." A little giggle escapes his lips. I smile at his cute expression.

"Do you miss your father, (Y/n)." He asks.

"Can't exactly miss something you never had." I pull away from the embrace.

"I'm sorry about that."

"Don't be. I don't care. If my parents didn't want me, then I don't want them either." I say plainly.

"Now come on. You should say goodbye to your father. I know you don't want to, but you'll regret it if you don't." I start trying to find my way back up to the bounty, but stop when I hear Lloyd say, "Thank you."

"You're somehow always with me to cheer me up when I need it most."

A light blush appears on my cheeks, and I look away in an attempt to hide my embarrassment.

I never know what to do when someone says things like this to me. I don't know what to say.

"Yeah, I mean isn't that what friends are for?"

"Yeah. We should head back to the bounty now." He replies with a smile.

"I actually have something else I need to do. Beside, I think you need to do this alone."

3rd person POV

Lloyd takes the book to send his father off, saying gibberish as he did so.

There's so many things Lloyd still wanted to do with his father. So many things he still needed to say, but couldn't.

Once the spell was complete, the original Anacondrai snakes appeared in a spirit-like form. They agreed with them and decided to send Chen and his army to the cursed realm.

"Goodbye.... father."

•••

Now that (Y/n) knows the battle is pretty much over, she still has something she wants to do.

The Anacondrai warriors were already being forced to the opening to the cursed realm. Their bodies flying through the air.

She spotted the person she had been looking for and tightly grabbed them by the wrist.

"I'm not letting you get away that easily. I have some questions I need you to answer." She says sternly. Determination in her eyes.

"I'll tell you anything if you help me out of this."

"No, I'm the one in charge. Tell me what you know about my parents." I demanded, my grip getting even tighter on his wrist.