Chapter Three

Kai's POV

After checking out my room, I went out onto my balcony to check out the view. "I could get used to this." I say to myself, not knowing I wasn't alone. The treatment I'm getting here is great!

I put my hands on the fence of the balcony and look at the beautiful view of the sky, watching the white fluffy cloud move and form different shapes.

"Huh?" I  notice an auburn haired girl on the balcony next to mine. She's even more beautiful than the sky. I couldn't help but stare. She slowly turns to me. I smile once she finally notices me.

"Ah. Looks like we're neighbors." I say trying to make conversation. "I'm Kai. Master of Fire." I wink at her as fire surrounds my hand.

"Skyler. Master of...wouldn't you like to know?" Skyler teases and then smiles.

"Huh?" I get distracted and the fire starts to hurt my hand.

"Ow, ow, ow, ow!" I yell in pain as she giggles.

•••

Chen explains the first round of the tournament and Skyler and I exchange looks at the information. Both of us determined to not lose. We notice a Jade Blade just above us.

"Is that-?"

"A Jade Blade?"

We both smile at each other, questioning if the blade above us is what we're supposed to be looking for. "That one is mine." She declares.

She jumps over to my balcony and pushes me to the ground, catching me off guard. She starts heading to the Jade Blade as I get up.

"Hey!" I yell. I follow her up and almost knock her off.

"Stop!"

"You stop! Unh!" She falls and I quickly grab her ankle.

"Help me!" She says desperately and holds out her hand.

I can't just let her fall. Without thinking I throw her up towards the Jade Blade, and she grabs it.

"Sorry, hot tamale." She smiles at the fact that she got it instead of me.

"What does Karloff...?" Karloff growls.

I smile to myself and go after him. This could be our chance to finish what we started. 

Lloyd's POV

I reach down and pull each ninja star out of the ground to free my feet. Who was that girl? She certainly surprised me. She kinda looked...cute too.

"Okay, okay. You can't get yourself distracted, Lloyd." I scowl at myself and shake my head to get the thought off my mind.

"You have to get a Jade Blade to stay in the tournament. Great, now I'm talking to myself." I say annoyed.

Maybe I'll find a Jade Blade inside?

•••

I kick Neuro, sending him backwards. I'm finally able to grab the Jade Blade without anyone trying to stop me. Or so I thought.

I go to reach for it and something grabs my leg. I look down and see a purple-like-dragon thing wrapped around my ankle.

"Wha—? Hey!" I look at Neuro and he starts to get up. Suddenly, it let's go, and I push Neuro away from me.

"Hurry, Lloyd, you must not lose." I look over to see my father trying to fight off Clouse. Once they're all down, I take that chance to grab the Jade Blade.

(Y/n)'s POV

I stumble upon an empty room. I go inside to see if that's the room I'm suppose to go to. I notice Clouse and Chen standing on either side of this weird, gold thing. This must be the room.

Chen smiles at me and says something I didn't expect. "You're the first one here. I expected nothing less from you."

"Huh?" I say in confusion. "What are you talking about?" I snap.

"Now, now. No need to get all defensive, (Y/n)." He responds.

Now I'm filled with more questions. "How do you know my name?"

"I know everyone who comes onto my Island." Chen answers but still leaves me questioning.

"Master Chen, the others will be here soon." Clouse informs Chen.

Chen nods and holds out his hand. I assume he wants me to give him the Jade Blade. I hesitantly hand him the Jade Blade, and he puts it on the Jade Blade holder thing. Could Chen or Clouse be the man in the white cloak I met earlier?

The other combatants flood the room. Each of them have Jade Blades. They all give their Jade Blades to Clouse or Chen. I feel like I'm being watched. I look around and find Lloyd looking my way, but he quickly looks away when our eyes meet. Looks like the cocky boy found himself a Jade Blade.

"Two Jade Blades remaining." Clouse announces as he finishes putting a Jade Blade in its place. The doors suddenly open and the black ninja, Cole, comes running in.

3rd person POV

"Wait! I got one!" Cole exclaims.

"Cole!" Jay shouts.

Cole looks around as if he's looking for someone. "Whoo-hoo! You made it." Jay cheers and extends his arms up.

"Where's Kai?" Cole asks.

"I don't know. We haven't seen him." Lloyd says looking around the room for him. "I hope he gets the last Jade Blade before someone else does." Cole says. The ninja in black hands his Jade blade to Clouse and walks back to the other ninja.

"Lloyd? Lloyd?!" Jay says trying to get Lloyd's attention. "Huh?" He looks over at Jay still in a daze. "You said no distractions, remember?" He asks.

"Uh, yeah, right." Lloyd says nervously. "Aww, does someone have a little crush?" Cole teases.

"Wha-? No!" Lloyd says quickly and blushes.