Chapter Twenty Five

He left with that crooked smile of his. In the end you still had control over me. Why..? No matter what I did, you still won.

How did you know so much about me...? When I know nothing.

"We did it! We won!" Jay yells happily as he runs towards the rest of the ninjas.

"All thanks to my dad." Lloyd smiles. His father was now gone, but he didn't leave as a villain. This time he left as a hero.

"And don't forget teamwork." Cole adds.

The ninjas head to the bounty to celebrate their victory, but my mind was still else where.

Flashback...

"Tell me what you know about my parents, Chen." I demanded, saying his name with disgust.

"If you must know, find the Twins. They will have all the answers to your questions, including information about your parents." Chen answered, but it wasn't enough information to go off of.

"The Twins? How will I find them? That could literally mean anyone." Everything he says just leaves me with more questions. I start to lose my grip on is wrist from the force.

"My time is running out. This is goodbye." Chen says now that he is satisfied with the conversation.

He forces me to let go and is swept up with the rest of the Anacondrai warriors.

"No! I'm done with you yet!" I tried to stop him, but he ended up being sent to the cursed realm.

End of Flashback

"(Y/n), are you okay?" Zane walks over to me with a concerned look on his face.

I was leaned up against a wall deep in thought until Zane snapped me out of it. "Yeah, why do you ask?"

"You just seem a bit distracted. Is something on your mind?"

"We just saved Ninjago. You should be celebrating with us." Kai joins the conversation with a wide grin plastered on his face.

"I promised (Y/n) that once everything with Chen was over, we'd help her get back home." Wu reminds the group.

"This is all too sudden. Can't you stay a little longer?" Jay whines.

If I stay any longer, it'll be harder to say goodbye.

"She's made it very clear that she doesn't want to stay, Jay." Cole replies with a harsh tone.

He seems upset. Is it because I'm leaving?

"I'll go get the Traveler's Tea ready for you." Wu says leaving the tense atmosphere.

"Admit it. You're going to miss us." Lloyd teases while smirking.

"Yeah, whatever." I say crossing my arms, trying to play it cool.

"I do not want you to go, (Y/n). But if that is what you want, I will not stop you." Zane says, and the others nod their heads in agreement.

"Will we ever see you again?" Nya asks.

I wasn't sure how to answer that. It's unlikely that I'll ever come back here.

I stop leaning on the wall and push some lose strands behind my ear. Man, I really need a shower and a change of clothes.

"What will you do when you get back?" Lloyd asks.

"I don't know. I didn't really think about it. I obviously can't continue on the path I was on but I also can't ignore it. So when I get back, I'm turn myself in to the police." I reply back.