Chapter Ten

(Y/n)'s POV

"A scale from the Great Devourer, Captain Soto's peg leg, a cog from the Celestial Clock, Zane's pink gi, and this." Chen says, showing Kai and I things that he's collected and put into one hallway.

"An Anacondrai sword. They are the sharpest blade in existence, fit for the greatest warrior to ever do battle in Ninjago." He says excitedly as he picks the sword up and cuts some cloth with ease, then puts it back.

"Why are you showing me all of this? You do realize if you weren't holding that staff right now, I'd strike you down right here." Kai says getting bored and angry as they continue to walk.

"Skyler was right. Even without your power, the fire burns bright in you." Chen says.

"I still don't understand why I'm here." I say annoyed but I receive no answer.

"I've seen inside your head, Kai. I know you're still jealous Lloyd was chosen to be the Green Ninja. It could've been you. Have you ever wondered what it felt like to have so much power pulsing through your veins? Yes, you have. There is so much potential in you, Kai. I want to give you a chance to find it." Chen says and Kai shuts his eyes knowing Chen is right.

"I will never turn on my friends, unlike someone." Kai says raising his voice and looks at me angrily.

"Of course. But what if I also told you there were secrets about your parents- both of your parents- that no one told you? Like your Senseis. Dark secrets." Chen says and winks at both of us.

What is he talking about? Parents? I don't have parents..or at least I don't remember them..

"My parents? What secrets?" Kai asks.

"Why haven't you told me?" I ask.

"So many questions that can be so easily answered."

"Master, it is nightfall. The Green Ninja will be making his move shortly." Clouse informs Chen as he walks up to us.

"Think about it." Chen says and then leaves.

"Hmm.."

"You should join the winning team." I say and he turns around to look at me.

"I am on the winning side. Lloyd will save us." He says confidently.

"I wouldn't be so sure..." I smile.

"Why are you working for Chen?" Kai asks.

"Heh. Well, Chen is going to help me find a way back home. To my world." I explain.

"Your world? What are you talking about?"

"It's Far away from here. I didn't expect you to know." I say picking up the Anacondrai sword to get a closer look at it.

"Chen shouldn't be trusted. He's using yo-" Kai starts to say but I cut him off.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever." I say annoyed.

"I'll do whatever I have to to get what I want." I say and point the Anacondrai sword at Kai's neck.

"Whoa. What are you doing?" Kai asks panicked and quickly backs away, putting his hands up defensively.

"Don't worry. I'm not going to hurt you. I'm just messing with you." I chuckle as I put the sword back where it belongs.

Jay's POV

"Stay positive, Jay. Stay positive."

"Are you talking to yourself." I hear a familiar voice say. I turn around to see Cole.