Chapter Eight

Cole catches the parachute and the impact pushes him back. He puts it on and activates the parachute. "Thanks, Kai."

"There's only one parachute left." Kai says as he points towards Lloyd, Garmadon, and the remaining parachute.

"Oh, no."

Garmadon and Lloyd both hold on to the last parachute. "We'll share."

"They're only built for one. This is an easy decision." Garmadon says.

"You're right." Lloyd pulls the string and let's go.

"What have you done?"

"Control my fear." Lloyd says to himself as he tries to make an energy dragon.

He is able to make his dragon right before he hits the ground.

"Huh. He made it!" Kai shouts excitedly.

"I knew he would." Cole smiles.

"Thattaboy!" Garmadon says proudly.

They all land and start their search for Nya.

"Hail, combatants, I have left a few treats to help you in your hunt. I hope you use them wisely." Chen says over the announcements that have been placed around the island.

(Y/n)'s POV

Looks like I've landed near Cole. He is standing by a black and orange color mech, debating if he should use Chen's gift or not.

"Chen can't be trusted. I think we should stay clear of his 'treats'." I say as I walk up to him.

"You're right. I don't need it anyways." Cole says.

"Should we start looking for the girl?" I ask as I start heading in a direction.

"Yeah."

Lloyd's POV

"If we're going to find Nya before the others do, we've got a lot of ground to cover." Garmadon says as I hop of my dragon and it disappears.

"Look. Nya's footprints." I says pointing to a trail of footprints.

"Huh? Nya is more clever than that. No, she wants everyone to follow these tracks. But only us to see this." Garmadon points at a symbol that was carved into the tree.

"Her Samurai X symbol."

"Can I give you a lift?" I asks, about to make my energy dragon but my father stops me.

"Save your energy. It's best not to draw attention. Come on." He says and we start following the symbols.

Kai's POV

"Nya! Where are you?" I shout as I look around and see something moving.

"Nya? Is that you?" No one answers. I surround my hand with fire, ready to attack whoever is there.

"Whoever's there, I'm fired up." I warn.

"It's just me." Skyler says revealing herself. I sigh and put my fire out.

"I see you didn't pick up any of Chen's special treats either." I say.

"Of course not, like I'd ever trust him. And I wanna find her to help you get the spell and stop Chen once and for all."

"Maybe we should be together. Aah, that didn't come out right. Heh. I mean, it's a big island, so maybe if we were a couple... Argh! No. Uh, heh. What I'm trying to say is, um..." I say nervously trying to find the right words but Skyler cuts me off.

"You want me to help you find your sister. Of course, I'll follow you." She says figuring out what I was trying to say.

"Heh. It's good to work with people you trust."

"Yes, I couldn't agree more." Skyler says as she places her hand on mine.

(Y/n)'s POV

"Hey, look! This must be Nya." Cole exclaims as he examines a symbol on a tree.

"Maybe." I see Clouse from the corner of my eye. I guess this is it.

"Your search ends here. Your time in the Tournament is over." Clouse says as he walks over to us.

"Clouse. This was all a big part of Chen's plan. This wasn't a hunt for Nya or the spell." Cole figures.

"Hmm. You're quite the clever boy, but not clever enough." Clouse says as he uses his powers to attack Cole, who barely dodges.

Clouse continues to shoot balls out of his hands and Cole flips and moves fast to dodge them all.

"I could really use your help, (Y/n)!" Cole yells shakily and I smirk.

"(Y/n)?"

"This is the end of the road for you." I say as I take out a dagger that I had been hiding. I dash towards him, ready to strike. Cole pulls back, avoiding my attack.

"What are you doing? Are you the spy?" He asks.

"Something like that. See, I made a deal with Chen, and I'll do anything to get what I want." I say.

"I... thought we were friends.."

"Well you thought wrong." I chuckle and kick him in the stomach, sending him back and hitting a tree. Cole groans in pain and gets up.

"I didn't want to have to fight you, but I guess I have to." Cole says and uses his powers to make the ground shake.

I lose my balance and almost fall down. Cole makes a fist and charges at me. I duck and punch him square in the jaw. Cole holds his jaw in pain.

"Heh. That's gonna leave a mark." I say.

"I'm getting quite bored. Finish this fight now or I will do it myself." Clouse says impatiently and I roll my eyes.

"You don't have to do this!"

"Yes, I do."

Clouse starts whispering a spell and the vines around us move towards Cole. Cole weakly dodges them.

I jump and flip in the air. I use my foot to push Cole to the ground with me on top of him, and I hold the dagger up to his neck.