Chapter Seventeen

_____________
I finally finished this chapter. I'm sorry it took so long. I will be updating more now. Thanks for reading and sticking with me. I love all the comments and support you all give me.
__________

(Y/n)'s POV

"I sent the others a message. They're on their way." Skyler says.

"Okay, good."

I had grabbed Skyler in the moment and ran. Now we are running from Chen. We found a vehicle parked outside with the keys still inside, so we decided to use that to get away from Chen and his minions. I still can't see them behind us, but I know they aren't too far away.

•••

We start to slow down and the vehicle comes to a stop.

"What happened? Why'd we stop?" Skyler asks me as I was the one driving.

I sigh while unbuckling myself. "We...ran out of gas." I answer and stand up.

"What do we do now?" Skyler unbuckles herself and gets out of the vehicle.

"I'm not sure, but Chen can't be too far away from us. We need to hide." I suggest as I get out of the vehicle.

"Looks like there's an abandoned building over there." Skyler says pointing to a building close by.

"Let's cover the vehicle up and then we'll take shelter there." I say.

•••

Most of the grass was dead. The roof was practically gone from the house. The paint was coming off too.

Skyler and I sneak inside and check to see if anyone is there.

"All clear."

"Same here."

We both meet back up after finding no one in sight. Most of the furniture is gone. The floor boards are either missing or coming apart. With every step I take, they make a creaking noise. There was a living room, kitchen, one bathroom and bedroom, and a garage.

Skyler sits down in one of the chairs in the kitchen and it makes a creaking noise. I sit down in the chair across from her.

I cross my arms on the table and bury my head in them. "Hey, what's wrong?" Skyler asks with concern painted on her face.

"It's nothing. Hey, I saw a creek somewhere behind the house. I'm going to go get some water." I say picking up a bucket, and I walk out through the back, which had a sliding glass door that was really filthy.

"Oh, okay... I'll keep watch for Chen and his minions." Skyler replies.

I slowly walk down to the creek with the bucket in hand. Skyler said she contacted the others, but where are they? Do they even know I'm with her?

I still need to figure out how I'm going to get home. Why was I even brought here, and who was that guy in the cloak?

So many questions with no answers.

I sigh as I see my reflection in the water. I kneel down to look more closely. I don't even know who I am anymore.

Never in a million years would I think I'd be here, in this moment. Not that long ago I was running from the police but here...here I don't really have to worry about anyone back home chasing me down.

I mean I'm still on the run like usually but this is different. I have a friend with me.

I grab the bucket and rinse it out. Then, I start filling it up with water.

I cup some water in my hands from the creek and splash it on my face.

"Hello, dear." I hear a voice say.

In an instant, I'm on my feet and pointing my dagger at the owner of the voice.

"Chen." I say with disgust. Chen smiles evilly.

"Let's not make any irrational decisions." He says.

"I won't let you use Skyler's powers for yourself." I say.

"I think you'll change your mind after I show you something." He chuckles and tells Clouse to come out of hiding.

Clouse had Lloyd tied up with cloth over his mouth and a knife up to his throat.

"Don't hurt him! Or I'll hurt your precious Master Chen." I yell, pointing the knife closer to Chen.

How did they capture Lloyd? Why..did they capture Lloyd?

"If you hurt Chen, you could risk your friend being killed." Clouse says.

I scoff and let Chen go. "Let Lloyd go now."

"I came to make a deal with you. I'll let the boy go if you do what I say."

"No, you betrayed me last time. How do I know I can I trust you this time?" I ask. Obviously I wasn't going to listen to him. I'm done taking orders from this guy.

"You don't. Listen, I'll let your Green ninja go, unharmed, if you help me get my daughter's powers." Chen proposes.

"You just expect me to betray my friend?" I ask through clenched teeth.

"Well, you've done it before and so easily too. What's one more betrayal?" Chen taunts.

"Stop it! I won't betray my friends. Not again." I mutter the last part.

"So you're saying you'll let us kill your friend in front of you? How terrible. To think you would stoop that low?" Clouse asks.

"I-"

The cloth covering Lloyd's mouth falls. "(Y/n), don't! You can't let them get Skyler's powers!" Lloyd shouts.

"Be quiet." Says Clouse as he covers Lloyd's mouth again.

"I...can't just let them kill you. I'll come up with something. We'll stop Chen." I tremble at the words that came out of my mouth. The thing I said I would never do again...I'm going to do again.

Is this how it's destined to end? Will I always be the bad guy?

"Do we have a deal?" Chen asks.

"Yes, we have a deal." I say, and we shake on it