Chapter Two

Lloyd's POV

I walk through the doors and sit on the ground like everyone else. "You never told me you had a Sensei." I say to my dad.

"When I was your age, I sought a darker means of guidance. He taught me to win at all cost, no matter who I hurt. It wasn't until you saved me that I saw the light." My dad explains.

"Uh, apparently he also never taught you to have a sense of humor. Lighten up, we're in an underground fight club. This is supposed to be fun." Jay says joining the conversation excitedly.

One of Chen's minions hits a gong with a mallet and music starts playing to get everyone's attention. "All rise for Master Chen." Clouse says introducing Chen.

We all stand up as a throne-like chair comes down, revealing Chen.

"Welcome to the Tournament of Elements. Now everyone can all die." Chen says as all the doors close, and we all gasp.

"Direct your attention to me." He starts laughing like a maniac.

After Chen explains the rules of the tournament, his kabuki walk in and show us all to our rooms.

(Y/n)'s POV

I walk into my room and see my favorite color everywhere. My room has wooden floors and a decorative rug with gold and (f/c).

My bed is located in the center of the left side of my room. It is neatly made with white sheets and pillows, and a (f/c) blanket that's folded neatly at the top.

There's a couple of windows scattered around the room with beautiful (f/c) curtains.

How does Chen know my favorite color? Why is there a room for me?

This isn't real. None of these people here are real. They are just TV characters from the show Ninjago.

I used to watch it all the time, but I grew out of that. My younger self is pretty cringe worthy. 

I look around the room again and a door leading to a balcony outside catches my attention.

I open the door to the balcony and walk out to get some fresh air. I rest my arms on the fence, laying my head in my palms, and watch the birds fly around. It's so peaceful here. 

I hear a door open near me. I look to my right and see the green ninja, Lloyd, walk out onto his balcony.

"Oh, uh, hey." He says awkwardly.

"What do you want?" I say coldly and look away.

"No need to be rude." He says furrowing his brows.

I'm not sure if I should be friends with the ninja or not. They're not even real people.

"You ruined my peace and quiet." I hiss at him.

"Fellow fighters, hidden around my island are enough Jade Blades for every participant except one." Chen says over the announcements.

"Looks like I'm not the only one who ruined your peace and quiet." Lloyd sneers. I roll my eyes.

"The one who returns to the Palace Arena empty-handed loses." Chen continues.

Lloyd and I exchange glances.

"The tournament begins....now." Chen finishes.

I quickly look around for a Jade Blade. I definitely don't want to lose and end up in the factory, even if none of this is real.

I spot one on the ground nearby, and I notice Lloyd look that way. I swing my body off the balcony and sprint towards it. Lloyd follows not long after.

I'm just inches away from it when Lloyd kicks me in the back, sending me flying forwards and falling on my stomach.

I roll over and push myself back up to be faced with Lloyd. He picks the Jade Blade up and smiles at me.

He throws it up in the air, flipping it, and then catches it in a teasingly way.

I scoff and charge at him. He dodges my punch and kicks me in the stomach.

"You clearly haven't had any training." He snickers.

I chuckle as I regain my strength. I throw smoke pellets on the ground, blocking Lloyd's sight and I swiftly grab the Jade Blade from his hand.

Lloyd's POV

She catches my off guard by throwing smoke pellets on the ground next to my feet. I start coughing, finding it hard to breathe. Once the smoke clears, my eyes widen. The girl and the Jade Blade are nowhere to be seen.

"You underestimate me." An awfully familiar voice says.

I look up to where it was coming from, and I see the girl with the Jade Blade in her hand. She's sitting on the edge of the balcony fence, cross legged and smirking evilly.

I try to move, but something's stopping my feet from doing what I want them to do.

I look at my feet to see four ninja stars holding me down from my clothes. Two on each side of my feet.

I look back up to the girl with confusion in my eyes. "How did you...." I trail off.

Her smirk grows wider. "When you went to kick me in the stomach, I took that chance to steal some of your ninja stars and smoke pellets.  I made you believe that I was weak so I could catch you off guard. After I used the smoke pellets, I grabbed the Jade Blade, got up here, and then I threw the ninja stars directly at your feet." She explains.

"You planned all of that?" I ask a little shocked.

"Yeah, I did. To be honest, I'm a little disappointed. I thought this fight would go on longer. And to think....you were beaten by a girl. Now that's kinda sad." She teases as she flips the Jade Blade up into the air and then catches it.

"I see what you're doing." I say noticing that she was mocking me.

"Ah, sweet revenge. Well, see ya later, loser. If you make it to the next round that is." She laughs and then walks away, leaving me alone.