XX

Gaege smiled down at his phone, squeezing Knife to get chest every so often. Nia sent about a dozen photos of baby Izella (which means princess she swears, or at least that's what the mommy blog baby name section she follows said) a day, and each one was cuter than the last.
  When Grant and Nia had visited she had been a little ways into month seven of her pregnancy, so when Izella arrived much earlier then expected a few days ago Grant had called Eddie in a panic after he called his and Nia's parents, just to have someone to talk to and help calm him down while he waited for the parents to arrive. Eddie had assured him, albeit half asleep as it was around three in the morning when Nia's water broke, that everything would be fine and to trust the doctors. They chatted for a little while more until Nia's mom could be heard calling for Grant, and said their goodbyes with Eddie wishing them luck and Gaege groggily gave a thumbs up as if Grant could see him.
Nearly fifteen hours later, as he was recording a video with Mully and Josh, Eddie received a FaceTime call from a beaming Grant showing off his exhausted and glowing baby momma and their little princess cradled in her arms. Even Josh and Mully quit their joking for a few minutes to FaceTime Gaege and make him show Eddie's screen for them to see the baby. Everything had gone fine, baby and mom would have to stay in the hospital for a few days but everything seemed to be okay enough to go home as long as they came in for regular checkups until Izella reached an average size and weight for an on-time baby. Everyone was so happy, and now staring at the photos still Gaege couldn't help but grin and send a handful of voice messages fawning over the baby in his own, well, baby voice.
Eddie entered the room while Gaege was mid-recording yet another voice message, and ruffled his hair as he passed by him on his way to the kitchen. When Gaege had sent it he got up and followed, hoisting himself onto the counter as Eddie drank one of his super carbonated sparkling Italian lemon soda thingys that caused Gaege's stomach bubble and had him burping for hours and made him see why they included both carbonated and sparkling on the can. "You done recording your video?"
  Eddie wiped some liquid that dribbled down his chin, "Yeah, I edited already too and I'm gonna post it tonight. You should do that too, y'know, and maybe set up your recording shit in your old room."
  Gaege pretended to be shocked, hand on his chest. "You mean you don't like me using your recording setup? I only use it like once a month,"
  "Baby that's my point, you rarely post anymore and you aren't in videos with me unless you're in the background yelling out shit while you sit behind me. I like recording with you when you're also playing, if you want we can even set you up in my office too. We'll just use one mic instead of two so that there's no feedback."
  Gaege crossed his arms and pouted slightly. "Fine. I miss recording with you too, and Josh and Mully whenever they have the fuckin time. They're so busy lately with helping Smashing and their commercial deal thing that I haven't gotten to play with them since like, two months ago aside from when I sit with you while you play with them. I just didn't wanna set up my stuff, it takes forever. I should start posting more you're right about that- wipe that shit-eating grin off your face, yeah you were right- I've seen way too many comments asking if you and I are having sex so much that I can't even record, or others asking if I don't care anymore. The first one is sort of right, I'll admit, but I love recording and I feel bad that people wait and then get one six minute video and that's it."
   "We should call the boys later and make a video schedule, Grant is taking a few weeks off and then posting a lot less after that so that he can be there at any second for his girls, especially since Izella is so small and they have to monitor her in every way they can. Which I guess is how babies work anyways but you know what I mean, they've gotta be extra careful. So you and I can talk to Josh and Mully and probably Smashing too and work out who will record what together and when, all that shit." He moved forward and pressed a delicate kiss to Gaege's soft lips.
  "Yeah, that sounds good. Sounds great," Gaege smiled, now lost in thought as he thought about what he would like to record with his friends first. Probably some dumb shit, but funny dumb shit, as is their brand.
  "C'mon, your video set up shit's in the boxes in your old closet, right? Let's go move them to my office and then go out and buy a desk to put in there." Eddie grabbed Gaege's hand and led him out of the kitchen towards the stairs.

————
a/n this was entirely different at first but I decided I wanted dialogue and a lot of explaining the baby situation and finally mentioned josh and mully since i really haven't. in this au they are currently in a commercial deal with some big brand for games and gaming equipment bc the company knows fans will buy it if they're in it, that's how popular they are in this au Australia.
hope you enjoyed! sorry it's even later then i said, i fell asleep last night and then had a lot to do today which delayed it further. speaking of being busy, i have to update y'all about the future of this fic:  i'm gonna limit my activity on wattpad to posting chapters only. i wanna finish this fic but once it's done i'll probably be deleting the app so that i'm not tempted to write or read fics lol. yesterday i was looking at my scheduling for the next few months and it's gonna be super busy with school and hopefully a new job, and the months after that even busier with a lot of personal things happening. and then today i had a call with my advisor and she confirmed that, since i'm in an online program my courses are going to be harder and more accelerated going on from here so that i can finish faster (i changed majors so i'm basically starting from scratch it's crazy and super stressful). i love writing my fic as a fun little break but i realized i need to focus on my real life things and my future! thank you to everyone who's messaged me and commented about my fic and their fics, but i won't be responding to messages or comments anymore either:( i deleted tumblr and insta off of my phone too already, i've got this and pinterest left for now*crying emoji* i hope y'all enjoy the rest of the fic as it's posted, i'll try to post at least weekly until it's complete and then after that if anyone wants to write sequels or spin offs they can that's fine (idk if people still do that but it was popular to ask to write sequels for standalone fics back when i was in middle school lmao) bye guys! next chapter next week!