VI

Eddie and Gaege have been dating officially for about two blissful weeks now, enjoying as much time alone as they could get before they tell people. On the fifteenth day, Narrator- yes, that's how he prefers to be addressed by The Boys- called early in the morning to say he was coming to visit them and stay for a night, and even had made dinner reservations at Biga on the Banks for them. Eddie told a nervous Gaege that dinner would be the perfect to celebrate sharing the news for the first time, Narrator must be psychic or something to have reserved a table at such a nice place. Or maybe he has news of his own..?
  Gaege and Eddie hurriedly cleaned the house, making sure to scrub clean every surface they had fucked on the past two weeks. Not knowing what to do with the couch cushions, Eddie simply flipped them over to the other side and made a mental note to have them washed later. Eddie even went to the nearest panderia to get a box of cookies and sweets, which Gaege adorably and innocently placed on a crystal serving tray, not knowing who the tray belonged to.
"Gaege, where did you find that?" Eddie asked, staring down at the tray on the table. Gaege's frowned, sensing that something was wrong in Eddie's tone and gaze. "I uh, I looked through the box marked holiday kitchen stuff in the garage. Why, is it an antique or something? I can put it back if you want."
Eddie looked away from the tray and shook his head, turning his gaze to the view outside the back door."No it's fine it's just, uh, that stuff was Gabby's. Or I guess me and Gabby's, her parents gave us nice dining stuff as an anniversary gift one year..."
Chewing his lip now Gaege just nodded slowly. "Oh, well...I'm sorry, I really didn't know," he worried his lip some more, now scared Eddie would be swept up in thoughts of his ex all day. Eddie however put on a bright smile and cupped Gaege's face in his hands, pressing a soft kiss to his nose and reassuring him that it was truly fine, it just caught him off guard to see the tray. Their lips met softly, slowly in a loving and warm embrace, both reassuring the other of what they needed comfort in.
Just as they broke apart, the doorbell rang. Eddie grinned, walking to the front door and bursting into laughter when he saw Narrator pulling silly faces through the glass of the door. Gaege giggled from behind Eddie and stepped up to open the door. Both their smiles froze, however, when they saw a beautiful woman behind Narrator, gorgeous in a long casual dress and sporting a noticeable baby bump.

————————
a/n no smut here but the bump is build up to gaege joking that he and eddie should try for a baby and it leads to- spoiler alert- fancy restaurant hotel stall fucking and then they try again and again and again at home