chapter 1" Attending the function"

Do like the chapter❤️

What destiny has stored for us is inescable and what it has fated for us is bound to happen and we cannot elude it.

Sona's pov

"I'm not going to come to some stupid function and i am going to stay at home and will prepare something for myself .

You both go I'm telling you for the last time."

"You are coming with us is the final decision" my mom glared at me.

"No I'm not " I said and then closed the door of my room.

In the evening I had went to the park for a walk. I'm just sometimes frustrated with my life. Why does it happen that everyone has to impose their choices on us.
I walked for half an hour and after that I made my sit on one of the benches in the park.

My mobile started ringing.

It was from Dhairya.

I picked it up.

Hello

What's up champ
I rolled my eyes at his statement.

Nothing just came for a walk in the park.

"God Sona cheer up girl don't make your life so dull"

"Yeah yeah don't start with your lectures again Dhairya."

"Then why are you sulking."

"Again mummy papa. They want me to accompany them to some marriage function. And I don't like to interact with people."

"It's ok Sonu just go and chill out there for a while. Atleast not people but ofcourse you will like the food"
I just smiled at his statement.
Afterall bestfriend do know about each and everything which makes you happy.
He and Shruti her my lifeline.

"Yeah yeah are you trying to tease me by calling me overeater or something.

"How could you Sona. Here I was just cheering you and you are doubting me."

"Yeah yeah now stop your melodrama man. "

"Okay by the way you know right that you need to come to see me off the day after tomorrow I'm leaving."

"Yeah yeah this is 20th time you are telling me and regarding me."

Actually he is leaving to USA for his further studies Masters in business administration.

"Ok ok but I think its 19th time. Improve your maths."

"Mine is far better than yours Dhairya".

"Yeah yeah."

"Okay then going home talk to you later."

"Okey bye Sonu."

"Bye"

I disconnected the call and started going towards home.

I know that idiot is now going to call Shruti for surety and after eating up my brain now he is going to eat hers.

I laughed internally on my thoughts.

Mummy papa were sitting in the drawing room.
"You came back Sona"

"Yes papa."

"Sona just go and make tea for your papa and me"

"Ok mummy."

I went to kitchen and started preparing the tea for both of them.

I served them the tea and after that started going towards my room.

"Listen sweety be ready on time okay we will be leaving soon. Don't be late."

By their sooon means 2 hours later.

"Ok mummy."

I came back to my room.

Whenever I come here I feel so relieved and relaxed. Actually the thing is I am so much obsessed with my room.

Its painted in a light shade of orange and green with a balcony and attached washroom.
Its small but cute.
And the view from the balcony is breathtaking. Actually I'm so much fond of nature and all.

After that I took out my books as I soon have my exams. I studied for 1 hour.
Then went for a bath.

I was wearing a pair of jeans with my sweatshirt and jacket. I am a no makeup girl so i just applied a lip balm and let my curls free. Giving a last glance to myself in the mirror and putting on my shoes I went downstairs to meet my parents.

Actually I am going to a wedding function with them after saying no for so many times. I don't even know who the relatives are or i would say I'm least bothered to know about them. I am a conservative girl and try to interact less with people.

"I hope you guyz are ready" I asked my parents.

My mom was wearing a saree with with blazer and papa was wearing a jacket with a pair of jeans.

"Yes Sona almost ready" They both said in unison.

After five minutes we left for the function.
We reached the venue in 30 minutes and my parents started meeting and interacting with the realtives and other friends and i as usual getting bored in such places.

In such moments i really miss my sister my best company i would say. She lives in dehradun after her marriage and its easy for her job from there as she recently got transferred to dehradun.

In order to escape myself engulfing into boredom of this party i focussed myself on the food. Obviously I feel it's the main reason to attend the functions and another is because I'm a big foodie i must say . It doesn't really matters to me if I'm putting up some weight. How can i ever stop eating to just attract boys i just sulk at such thoughts.
I was interrupted by my mother in the middle of my thoughts while i was eating my dosa sitting in a corner .
Beta meet her she is Avni my childhood freind she said introducting the woman standing next to her.

Namaste auntyji"

"Stay blessed beta".
"You are really beautiful beta and she is the exact copy of you Reena i must say.

"Thanks auntyji " i said smiling towards her.
"Sona they have recently shifted from Mumbai to Delhi as their son wanted to expand his business here".
"Ohh".

"And Avni had been a professor she has taken VRS now."

I don't know why they are telling me all this thing i just was listening to them and nodding my head .
And like this the conversation went on and i was not able to eat my dosa alone.

After this we bid goodbye and finally headed towards home.

I went upstairs to my room and after changing laid on the bed.

I was so much tired after attending the function that i don't know when sleep me.