chapter 13 "Rituals and mischief"

Next morning I woke up when I heard the alarm. Although they both ( ma papa) didn't said anything yesterday but I myself felt bad and embarrassed that I woke up this much late. It was 5:00 am right now and when I looked on the side of my bed he was not there.
I think he really has a habit of waking up early. By the way I too used to wake up too but due to my studies I changed my routine since I used to study throughout late nights. I got up, did my morning chores and then after taking a bath I came outside in a bathrobe only since
I knew it he is not in the room . After that I dried my hairs and wore my suit and after applying vermillion and wearing Bengals I went downstairs.

 After that I dried my hairs and wore my suit and after applying vermillion and wearing Bengals I went downstairs

No one was there in the dinning area. I saw ma in the kitchen.
"Goodmorning ma".

"Goodmorning Sona beta".

"Ma Tell me what shall I do. Today I'll help you with the breakfast. "

"Sona Neetu di helps me with the kitchen work you have already met with her yesterday."

"Ji ma ".

I have meet her she is in her mid 40s and she has been in this house since 27 years when Anirudh was about to be born. She is a lovely lady and is like a family member of this house. Her husband too works here as a gardener.
They have two children and all their expense of study is being carried out by Anirudh only.

"Also today you will be going to the temple with Ani. I have already talked to him. It's our kuldevi mandir and as a ritual newlyweds after there marriage have to go there and since tomorrow you both will be leaving for munbai you need to go there today itself.
Also Sona beta please wear a saree its a very auspicious temple and since you are newly wed. It's a very important ritual for Shergill family. I have sent the saree and Jewellery in your room."
With this I got to know my surname after marriage.

"Ok ma".

"But right now first you need to prepare some sweet as a offering ( prashad ) in the temple to the idol there".

I got tensed since I have not prepared anything sweet before. I know how to make food but not everything

"Dont worry Sona I'll help you and instruct you and you have to just do the things that I'll tell you."

I nodded with a smile. I really have got a great mother in law

"Thanks ma".

With this she started giving me instructions and I did all the things she said.
When I was done with the kitchen work I went upstairs to change into a saree as it was already 6:20 am.
And we had to leave for the temple by 7.
I have not seen my egoistic husband since morning. I started wearing saree but again I had the problem with the hooks of my blouse I managed with very difficulty to close one hook but it was not possible for me to close others.
So I first drapped my saree and then thought to call ma for help.
But as I was going to call mw I heard the door opening sound. No one but my egoistic and arrogant husband was there. He had already changed maybe he got himself ready in another room.
In order to save my bare back from his view I flipped and now my back was facing the Mirror.
He was looking at me intently.
He came closer to me.