Sneak-Peek

We are Guilty © 2021
By CarelessGhost

First things first big THANKS to treizemay   for this beautiful cover!!!

"This is fun" Sebastian smirked and grabbed the shovel from my hand.

   "Seriously? We're hiding a body!" I shouted at him and turned around to have a look at my surroundings

   "Seriously? We're hiding a body!" I shouted at him and turned around to have a look at my surroundings. The moonless night made it hard to see through the grey tombstones, the eerily silent environment sent a shiver down my spine. I shut my eyes and covered my ears to block the faint noise of shovel digging through dusty ground.

   Completely clueless and a hundred percent scared, I stared at my best friend, Sebastian, who seemed to have a sudden change of personality and go on a killing spree? Is this his first time killing someone? Why would Sebastian kill someone? Who is the person Sebastian killed? A dozen of questions ran through my mind.

   "See, your instincts are great" Sebastian smiled after he threw the shovel towards me and unknowingly my hands caught the shovel with perfect grip without wasting a second.

   "What?" I quickly dropped the shovel on the ground afraid to leave my fingerprints on it, more than that I want to leave. Why did I even pick his call in the middle of the night?

   "I meant you have fast reflexes, that will help us" Sebastian kneeled next to the body and opened the body bag, (from where did he get a body bag??) to reveal a guy with a deep wound on his forehead. Dried blood covered his face, his eyes shut forever. The body was still and calm for a minute, I thought it would spring back to life. I stood there wide-eyed, instinctively my hands over my mouth to suppress a gasp when I saw the face of the guy.

   "You killed a pizza-delivery guy!!" I was stunned when the white t-shirt and logo of our local pizzeria stained with blood caught my sight. The guy must have arrived at Sebastian's place to deliver pizza or worst, Sebastian just attacked him out of nowhere?

    Something is wrong, not just wrong but totally out of order, he is out of his mind. His smile and tone are just different. He is not the Sebastian I used to know.

~Started: 4th February 2021~

~Finished: 29th June 2021~