11. You are not...

A/N Slight violence in this chapter

    Trying to catch my breath, I kept repeating to myself, 'just a bad dream, nothing else. I took in deep breaths and glanced around my surroundings to find arms around my waist as Sebastian snored next to me. I yawned and tried to get out of his grip, but he tightened the grip.

    "Sebastian" I lazily poked his arm, my eyes half-open.

    "Umm... leave me alone" Sebastian whispered and let go of my waist with his back turned towards me.

    I jumped off the bed and hesitated for a moment, scared to go downstairs but I was thirsty. I paced the room before gathering the strength to sprint downstairs. 'Zel you can do it'... I assured myself and quickly ran downstairs.

    There was absolute silence around the kitchen and darkness surrounded the whole room. I hastily crouched in front of the refrigerator, pried open the doors, a small light illuminated followed by cold air.

    "Azazel" someone whispered in my ear, the voice surprised me, my legs slipped as I fell on my back. I hastily covered my mouth to muffle my scream. It's Callan's voice scaring me out again. I shut my eyes and waited for his voice to speak again. Nothing! That's a relief...

    I rubbed my eyes which were on the verge of tears, swiftly scanned the eerily silent kitchen, and found that the small door of the cabinet below the sink was ajar.

    'That is strange' I thought to myself, so crawling on my fours I opened the small door and pinched my nose as I instantly detected a rotting smell coming from a black bag.

    That smell sent a shiver down my spine and I had goosebumps. Is something dead inside that bag, another body? Not possible the bag is too small !!

    A barrage of questions ran through my mind as I reached the conclusion that no matter what happens we are opening that bag (seriously!) and my body instantly reacted to that thought as I felt my right hand extend towards the opening of the bag, the other on my nostrils. I felt something soft and smooth touch against my fingers, I tried to grab the soft thing, only to find a fistful of orange fur.

.

.

.

You have got to be kidding me...

.

.

.

    Ginger!! My hands were shaking badly when the thought crossed my mind. I let go of the fur and shut the door with a loud slam...

    That's not possible, Ginger is dead? But how-

    I heard footsteps, Oh no, that's bad. I gripped my right hand to stop the shaking and stood up to face Sebastian by the entrance of the kitchen.