IV. MADE OF IVORY AND GOLD

I stood inside of a large dressing room, tilting my head slightly as I stared at my reflection in the mirror, observing the new dress I wore. It was an off white colored dress, that stopped a few inches above my knees, with a neckline that plunged lower than I would've usually ever picked out for myself, and I hadn't been the one to pick it out. Rebekah did.

"There has to be more to this dress." The Mikaelson sister complained from the next dressing room, before I pushed the curtain to mine back, stepping out, somehow simultaneously walking out just as Rebekah had.

"There's not." Klaus replied from outside of the dressing area, where he and Stefan sat, drinking champagne, patiently and some impatiently, waiting.

Rebekah glanced over at me, a satisfied smile forming on her lips as she looked at me. "Told you you'd pull it off." Rebekah had a British accent, matching her brother's, though unlike him, her hair was a lot more blonde, falling right past her shoulders. But, a lot like both Elijah and Klaus, she too was strikingly beautiful.

And she knew it.

I shot her a small smile, before I dared to look over to Stefan and Klaus, who were both staring at me.

"You do look lovely." Klaus grinned, inevitably making my smile grow. For some reason, his approval seemed to matter to me, though it surely shouldn't have. After what happened last night, I shouldn't have cared a single bit, I should've kept my distance from him, and I definitely needed to keep my distance from Stefan.

"Thank you." I replied, holding his gaze for a moment, before Rebekah spoke up.

"What is this music?" She asked, music from the radio playing through the store's speakers. "It sounds like a cable car accident."

"It's dance music." Stefan answered.

"People dance to this?" She questioned, putting her hands on her hips.

"Mhmm."

"Are we done?" Klaus sat up, noticeably annoyed.

"And why are you so grumpy?" Rebekah asked her brother.

"I needed one thing from you for my witch to find out why my hybrids are dying, one thing. Your necklace." He pointed out. "And you lost it."

It turned out that Rebekah had some sort of necklace that was the original witch's - whatever that meant - but when she woke up, she couldn't find it.

"I didn't lose it." She retorted. "It's just been missing for ninety years..." Rebekah then looked over at Stefan who seemed uncomfortable. Last night, Klaus had given him back his memories, which is what I chalked up the uneasiness to. "So what do you think?"

"I like it." He replied, and it was so easy to tell that he could care less about what she was wearing, disinterested. Rebekah caught on, sighing. "What? I said I like it."

"I can always tell when you're lying, Stefan." She pointed out, before spinning around on her heel, heading back off to her fitting room. "Lyssa, come help unzip me!"

___________________________

I was sitting at the bar in Gloria's, with Klaus and Rebekah, glancing over at Gloria who was alone at a table, preforming some sort of spell to figure out where Rebekah's necklace was. But, it was taking longer than expected, since she seemed to have nothing really to go off of. The necklace had been missing for ninety years, it was probably near impossible to locate after so long.