XXI. SHE KNOWS

LATER THAT NIGHT, I was sitting in front of a warm crackling fire, with a cup of hot chocolate in my hands, glancing up when I felt someone drape a blanket over my shoulders. It was the man that had found me ; Damon. He gave me a gentle smile, before he sat down beside me on the couch inside of the massive living room we were in.

"Thank you."

He'd taken me to his house, which he'd told me was mine sometimes, too and he had also told me that we were friends. Damon explained to me that I was a vampire, which I somehow knew without him telling me. It was like I knew what I was, just not who, like my memories had just washed away like a current swept up in the sea.

I believed Damon. When he told me these things, somehow I just knew that I could trust him. And we had sat there, trying to put the pieces together of what had happened, until we were joined by more of my friends, and my siblings, Elena and Jeremy.

Elena was my twin, and she'd been there with me right when everything had gone blank, or according to her, when a witch named Esther left me unconscious. I didn't know who I was, or what my life was like, but this all felt right. It somehow felt right that this was my life.

"So," Caroline - another one of my friends - spoke up from across me, seated beside her boyfriend, Tyler. "you can't remember anything at all?"

She was gorgeous ; a beauty queen, with long legs, smooth pale skin, bright, sunny blonde hair, and she had these eyes that were the most gorgeous mix of blue and green. Teal.

"No." I shook my head, my eyes resting on Tyler.

He was strong, I could tell. He had large arms, and clearly spent a good amount of time working out, playing sports. His hair was a jet black, dark eyes to match, and his skin was warm, almost sun kissed.

And weirdly enough, he smelled different. Something about him wasn't like the rest of us.

Jeremy too looked as if he spent a lot of his time working out, and like Elena, he had dark brown hair, and matching brown eyes. My eyes wandered from my little brother, and landed back to Elena, studying her.

I still hadn't seen myself, used Elena as a mirror instead.

Elena was slim and somewhat tall - though, shorter than Caroline - with an oval face, and light olive complexion, similar to Tyler. Her eyes were almond shaped and brown, with flex of gold sprinkled throughout, and she had blush pink lips with a defined cupid's bow.

"Maybe this all has something to do with Ric.." She suggested, and she looked so hurt as she said it, making me wonder who she was talking about.

"Turn Ric into an original hunting vampire, and fry Lyssa's brain?" Caroline said, in a somewhat lighthearted tone, glancing around the room at everyone. Both Jeremy and Elena looked as though someone had just died, and then there was Damon, next to me, who just stared into the glass of liquor in his hand. "Doesn't make sense..."

Suddenly, we heard the sound of the front door being opened up, and I placed the cup of tea onto the table in front of me, before standing up. And when I turned, I found the most perfect, most attractive man - I could've sworn that he was sculpted. He was tall, with broad shoulders and long legs. And his skin was so supple, fair. He too, looked strong like Jeremy, and Tyler, but more lithe and lean ; more effortless. He had a very distinctive, strong jawline, high cheekbones, a straight nose, and his eyes were a hazy, grey-green.