XXI

WARNING: From now on there will be explicit language!

TW: Depression, body dysmorphia, eating disorders, mentions of death

I wonder, where did the time go? It went by so fast, I didn't even see it. It has felt like only a day that I've been in my room. If it wasn't for Severus, I wouldn't even know that today we leave for Hogwarts. That's right, my third year at that damned school. The last I remember is getting off the train and going home. My summer was spent in my room laying down, staring at the dark ceiling. It was better than getting up and being productive, which only happened on the bright days. Those barely came as our old, tiny house is in a dark place. Everyday is like a movie, but we are the villain's. They live in the most depressing places and its always cloudy, dark and raining. That's what my life is like, metaphorically and literally.

Severus didn't bother me ever. He probably wouldn't know what to say. Where would you even start? I'm a monster, and no one likes monsters. But today I'm finally getting out, even if it is not optional. I just hope no one gets hurt in the process.

I get up from my bed and walk across the cold hardwood floor to my long mirror. Staring at myself hurts so bad. I see the way my body and face has changed since last year, and not in a good way. Of course I've grown up and I look older but not seeing the sunlight in a long time takes a tole on your beauty. My cold fingers reach up to told the dark circles underneath my eyes.  Then my hands go to my stomach, I can almost feel my ribcage from the lack of nutrients. I fall to my knees and cry, I cry so hard. 

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:

I walk down the stairs in a grey sweatshirt with a random company on the front and baggy jeans. I tried to find an outfit that could hide everything and used some powder for my dark circles. Due to my limited strength, I drop my trunk on the way down the stairs and it falls loudly down each step till it reaches the bottom. I sigh as I reach the first floor and pick up my trunk. I look up to see Severus standing at the door with a sad look. 

We don't speak for the whole ride to King's Cross. I only raise my hand to bid him goodbye when I get on Hogwarts Express, even though I'll see him later on that day. I walk around to try and find an empty compartment, not wanting to socialize. A brown-haired boy sits in the last one by himself. I walk in, awkwardly holding my trunk with both hands. Nate looks up at me with a smile, the last time we spoke was before the students were petrified. He looks older, more muscular, and less like a child. Then again, he is a year older than me. 

We became really close last year but then the whole situation with my 'father', sort of distanced us. Nothing could compare him though, he was there for me when I had no one else. Daphne and Tracy were so busy with Merlin knows what, but Nate was there.