XVII

It is now mid-December when all students are going to the Great Hall for a mandatory dueling club, whatever that means

It is now mid-December when all students are going to the Great Hall for a mandatory dueling club, whatever that means. A blonde boy named Colin Creevey was petrified last month, he is also a muggleborn. I think from now on all the attacks will be on muggleborn students. 

I walk in the hall with Daphne and Tracy where there are students gathered around a long table. Somehow we find our way over to Malfoy and his gang. He looks me up and down with a scowl on his face. I glare in response and turn to the table when Professor Lockhart begins to speak.

"Gather round!" Everyone goes silent as the man struts down the blue table.

"Can everybody see me? Can you all hear me? Excellent." He stops for a second then paces back and forth.

"In light of the dark events of recent weeks, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little dueling club to train you all up in case you ever need to defend yourselves . As I myself have done on countless occasions, for full details see my published works." He takes off his robe and throws it to a group of girls that gasp when it falls into their hand.

"Such a show off, isn't he?" Daphne asks.

I nod before he begins speaking again.

"Let me introduce my assistant, Professor Snape!" 

Everyone turns as Severus walks up on the table with his arms folded.

"This is going to be good." I say with a smirk.

"He has sportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration. Now, I don't want any of you youngsters to worry. You'll still have your potions master when I'm through with him, never fear." 

I stifle out a laugh at the mans attempt to be brave.

They both draw their wands and walk towards each other. They put them in front of their faces then down to the side and bow. Severus and Lockhart walk the opposite way and point their wands at one another.

"One, two, three." Lockhart counts.

"Expelliarmus!" Severus yells.

Lockhart is shot down the table and lands on his back and everyone laughs.

"An excellent idea to show them that Professor Snape but if you don't mind me saying, it was pretty obvious what you were about to do and if I had wanted to stop you, it could've been only too easy." Lockhart says while walking to Severus.

I scoff and roll my eyes.

"Perhaps it would be prudent to first teach the students to block unfriendly spells, professor." Severus says.

Lockhart waits a moment.

"An excellent suggestion, Professor Snape! Uh, let's have a volunteer pair. Um... Potter, Weasley, how bout' you?"