XIII

It is finally the end of the year at Hogwarts

It is finally the end of the year at Hogwarts. Since Christmas, a lot has happened. Malfoy got detention with Potter in the forest and saw Voldemort drinking unicorn blood. Harry found out about a sorcerers stone? Anyways, the golden trio broke into a trap door and Harry killed Professor Quirrell with his bare hands. Not to mention the fact Slytherin won the house cup!

We are all in the Great Hall for the last feast and Dumbledore is about to announce the winner of the cup. 

"Another year gone! Now as I understand it, the House Cup needs awarding, and the points stand thus." Dumbledore exclaims.

"In fourth place, Gryffindor, with 312!" You could tell he liked Gryffindor's the most.

"In third place, Hufflepuff, with 352."

"In second, Ravenclaw, with 426."

"And in first place, with 472 points, Slytherin House." 

As he says this the Slytherins start to yell in excitement.

"Yes well done Slytherin. However, recent events must be taken into account. I have a few last minute points to award." He continues and Slytherins go silent.

"First, to Miss Hermione Granger, for the cool use of intellect while others were in grave peril: fifty points!" 

What. Is. He. Doing.

"Second, to Mr. Ronald Weasley, for the best played game of chess that Hogwarts has seen these many years: fifty points!"

No, no, no.

"Third, to mister Harry Potter, for pure love and outstanding courage, I award Gryffindor house: sixty points!"

HE KILLED A PROFESSOR!

"And finally: it takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends. I award ten points to Neville Longbottom!"

What the actually fu-

"Assuming that my calculations are correct, I believe that a change of decoration is in order!"

He clapped his hands and the decorations changed.

We really were so excited Slytherin won and what happens? Dumbledore pulls the rug from under our feet with his Gryffindor favoritism.

"Gryffindor wins the House Cup!" 

The hall erupts with cheers while Slytherins were hanging their heads low. We weren't the type to get upset, but this is a whole new level. Everyone throws their hats up and that was the end to my first year of hell.