XIV

I'm sitting in an empty compartment again, except this time I'm twelve years old

I'm sitting in an empty compartment again, except this time I'm twelve years old. I feel very more mature and sophisticated. As my hair grew a few inches and my face is starting to loose all the baby fat. This year we had to get some weird stuff at Diagon Alley. I remember buying every book from Gilderoy Lockhart. He was known to have battled many dark creatures, but when I saw him in Flourish and Blotts he looked as if the only care in the world was his hair. On the bright side, second years are allowed broomsticks. Maybe I should try out for quidditch...

We arrived at Hogwarts not too long ago. I greeted my two bestfriends in the whole entire wizarding universe. After I gave long hugs to them both, I sat down in the Great Hall when someone caught my eye. Draco Malfoy was right in front of me. His face was more slim and he was taller than the baby-faced Slytherin I once knew. 

"What are you looking at?" He asked me in a harsh tone. His voice got a little deeper also.

"Shut up Malfoy." I replied and rolled my eyes at the same childish behavior from last year. That hadn't changed. 

I hadn't done much over the summer. Severus was always in his office...potion room..? I don't really know. Most of my time was spent reading the muggle book that I bought during Christmas break. It was a wonderful read, but a little stupid if you ask me.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

The next day I make my way towards the greenhouse for Herbology. I heard that Harry and Ron flew a car to Hogwarts and was seen by muggles. They weren't expelled though, Malfoy wasn't too happy about that. When I arrive at Herbology, I am hit with the smell of soil and grass. Everyone lines up on the outside of the rectangular table that has potted plants sitting on top. A grey-haired woman with tan robes comes in and stands before us. 

"Morning, everyone! Good morning, everyone!" She says.

"Good morning, Professor Sprout!" The students recite.

"Welcome to Greenhouse Three, Second Years. Now, gather around, everyone. Today, we are going to repot Mandrakes. Who here can tell me the properties of the Mandrake root?"

Hermione raises her hand like always.

"Yes, Miss Granger?" 

"Mandrake, or Mandragora, is used to return those who have been petrified to their original state. It's also quite dangerous. The Mandrake's cry is fatal to anyone who hears it." She states.

That sounds quite nice, maybe I can get one to test one Malfoy.

"Excellent! Ten points to Gryffindor! Now, as our Mandrakes are still only seedlings their cries won't kill you yet. But they could knock you out for several hours, which is why I have given each of you a pair of earmuffs for auditory protection."