XV

Tracy, Daphne and I walk out of the Great Hall after dinner. It is a few days after the Lockhart incident and so far nothing else has happened. We reach a crowd in the middle of the hallway. I try to stand on my toes to see what is going on. Overhead is the golden trio staring at something on the wall that is out of my line of sight. Daphne pulls the two of us up to the front near Malfoy to see Filches cat handing there half-dead. Daphne nudges me and points next to the animal.

'The chamber of secrets has been opened

enemies of the heir...beware'

I gasp and use my hand to cover my mouth in shock.

"Enemies of the heir beware? You'll be next mudbloods." Malfoy scrunches his face in disgust at the word.

Filch shows up and starts moving students out of the way.

"What's going on here? Go on now!Make way..." He sees his cat hanging.

"Mrs. Norris!" He turns to Harry.

"You! You've murdered my cat!I'll kill you! I'll-" He starts before being interrupted my Dumbledore.

"Argus!" Dumbledore marches forward, trailed by a group of teachers. Seeing the wall, Dumbledore's face darkens.

"Everyone will proceed to theirdormitories immediately."

We start walking along with the others before Dumbledore tells the golden trio to stay. When I walk into the Slytherin common room, everyone's eyes move to me.  I eye them confused until Tracy speaks.

"They think you're the heir Amelia." I swallow the lump forming in my throat and continue walking to the stairs. When my back was turned though, Malfoy told off the students that were talking about me. If only I had known.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

The next day in Transfiguration, Mcgonagall stands in front of the class.

"Today, we will be turning animals into water goblets." 

"Like so..." She points her wand to the black and white feathered bird on the desk.

"1...2...3... vera verto." The bird squawks as it is turned into a clear water goblet.

"Now its your turn, who would like to go first? Ah Mr. Weasley, one, two, three, vera verto." 

He clears his throat and points his wand to the large rat on his desk.

"Vera verto!" The rat turns into a goblet shape but still hold its fur and tail.