XIX

It is now mid-January and my empty days are spent reading the book

It is now mid-January and my empty days are spent reading the book. I'm still trying to figure out what this means. I've read about every creature, spell and potion. Though I'm still figuring out why it is in my possession. Father must've had a reason, and I'm going to figure it out.

Me and Draco are apparently friends now. I don't know if I would call it that though, we're more like acquaintances. Hes probably just using me to make sure his daddy stays happy. That is one thing I hate about Draco, hes such a suck up. We don't hang out much, the only time he speaks to me is when the homework is too difficult.

I am currently walking to my next class when I hear the trio talking. I hide behind one of the pillars to listen.

"It was Hagrid. Hagrid opened the Chamber of Secrets fifty years ago." Harry said.

"It can't be Hagrid. It just can't be." Hermione retorted.

"We don't even know this Tom Riddle. He sounds like a dirty, rotten snitch to me." Ron said.

My eyes go wide.

"The monster killed somebody Ron. What would any of us have done?" Harry responded as the two friends stopped in their tracks.

"Look Hagrid's our friend. Why don't we just go and ask him about it?" Hermione said calmly.

"That'll be a cheerful visit, "Hello Hagrid, tell us have you been setting anything mad and hairy loose in the castle lately?"" Ron mocked.

Hagrid walks up to the trio and I decide to leave before they see me.

As I walk down the corridor, I think about the conversation I just heard. How do they know about Tom Riddle? What mad and hairy creature are they talking about? And why do they think Hagrid is apart of this?

I know the man is tall and scary sometimes but he didn't open the chamber. That would mean he speaks parseltongue and I don't think half-giants qualify. Even if he did open the chamber, the basilisk isn't hairy. I would go back to visit Tom but I can't risk getting caught. Guess I'll just play it out.

So caught in my own thoughts, I run into someone. Before I fall, an arm grabs me who happens to belong to Draco. 

"Oh thanks." I say with my arm still in his grasp. 

"Whats up with you?" He finally lets go of my arm.

"Just thinking." I rock my feet back and forth.

"Alright, see ya around." He walks the opposite way. I continue walking to my next class and totally forgot about my last though as my mind was clouded with the awkward conversation I just had. I wonder if he knows, his father is a pretty important guy right? Maybe Draco isn't as dumb as I thought. Wow the Slytherin in me is really showing. I roll my eyes internally when entering the charms classroom.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

A week goes by, a lot has happened since the conversation I overheard. Hagrid got sent to Azkaban, Dumbledore left, Hermione Granger got petrified, and today I learned that Ginny Weasley is missing. Automatically I thought the worst, she's either dead or in the chamber, possibly both. I am currently running down the corridors towards the girls bathroom. Ron wasn't going to let his sister die and Harry is...well Harry.