Chapter 43

IZZY

My jaw dropped, "She did what?"

"Yeah, about an hour ago," Newt sighed and ran a hand through his hair, "She said that she couldn't bear the thought of losing her best friend before she ran into the maze."

Sadness filled my chest. I basically just killed my best friend. I teared up, "What have I done?"

I started breathing heavily and dropped to the ground. I was having another panic attack.

"Izzy?" Newt saw me an dropped down beside me.

My breathing increased, and I vision started to blur. Newt brought my hand up to his chest to where I felt it moving up and down with steady breaths.

"Izzy, do you feel how I'm breathing? Try to breathe like me," He said.

I slowed my breathing to where my vision became unblurred, and I sat up and put a hand on my head.

"I'm sorry," I squeaked still trying to process what just happened.

Newt shook his head, "You have nothing to be sorry for."

He pulled me into his chest, and I calmed down. I felt safe in Newt's arms. He was always going to be there for me.

"I love you, Izzy," He said before kissing my forehead.

I pulled back from his embrace and smiled, "I love you too, Newt."

He smiled back before pressing his lips to mine.

///\\\///\\\///\\\

Newt told me to go find Thomas and Minho after the little incident, so I went and found him talking to a former runner.

"Hey, Tommy!" I greeted with a smile.

"Hey, Iz," He hugged me, and when he pulled back, he said, "Minho and I need your help. We're going to explore deeper into the maze."

"Okay... I heard that you figured out the map thing," I stated. Earlier, Newt told me that that they figured out the code of the maze.

"Yeah, we would combine parts of the maze, and it made a letter," He explained, "So far, we have float and catch. While we're going to be out in the maze, they're going to figure out the map."

"Okay," I was about to continue, but my head started to hurt. I winced and rubbed my temples.

Tommy noticed and furrowed his eyebrows, "Are you okay, Iz?"

I sighed, "Yeah, I'm fine. I just need a little bit of time to myself."

He nodded, and I walked into my spot in the Deadheads and plopped down. My head started to hurt, and a little voice in the back of my head said, "Izzy, I'm sorry for what happened," I realized that it was Cam and listened in, "It wasn't what it looked like, but I ran into the maze if you didn't know. It's because of you."