Chapter 13

IZZY

Minho ran the Maze today. Ben won't be running for the next 3 weeks. I'm kind of happy. Ben is so slow. Much slower than Minho. I ran my two sections today, and got back. Newt was busy, so I went to see Cam in the Homestead. She was bringing soup to Ben. All they give them is soup. Why? Soup is good every once in a while, but all the time? No. 

Ben saw me and asked Cam, "Hey, can I talk to Izzy alone?" 

Cam nodded then left. I sat in a chair by his cot.

"How are you doing?" I asked.

"Good, I guess. My leg still hurts a little," he answered, "Thanks for saving me in the Maze, by the way. You could've left me for dead, but you risked your life for me. Why?"

"Because. I'm not the type to leave people behind,"

He looked at his soup and pushed it away, "I can't eat this anymore,"

"You tired of it already?" I chuckled.

"Yep. All they serve is soup! It gets old!" We both laughed. 

After a silence, he spoke up, "So.... You and Newt?"

I looked at him and narrowed my eyes at him, "Yeah, Why?"

"Okay, just trying to make conversation. It was getting akward," he said putting his hands up in defense.

I laughed, then told him to feel better. Then I left.

At dinnertime, Chuck, Newt, Cam, Minho, Alby, and I just sat and talked. 

After dinner, they started the bonfire, and I went to see Ben. He was just sitting there. When he saw me he smiled. 

"Hey, Ben. I brought you these," I pulled two rolls out of my pocket, and handed them to him.

"Thanks! Oh my gosh! I'm so tired of soup!" he took the rolls and scarfed them down.

I left and sat by Newt at the bonfire. He smiled at the sight of me. His smile was perfect. He offered me some of Gally's secret beverage. I declined. That stuff is nasty. Nashty. The first time I took a sip, I almost barfed. 

Cam came over to me looking worried, "Izzy, can we talk?"

"Of course!" I got up and followed her over to a random spot, and we sat down, "What's wrong?"

"That Ethan guy has been out of jail for the past week, and..." she looked hesitant.

"And, what?" I was concerned. I hated that shuck. He got on my nerves so bad. Even before he did that to Cam.

"He's scaring me,"

"What did he do?" I was starting to get angry. If he hurt my friend... let's just say his face will be uglier than it already did.

"I woke up yesterday with him in my bed. Everybody was still asleep. I told him to get out, and he did, but I'm scared he's going to do something to me... Like Gally did to you for kicking his butt,"

I was overly pissed with this guy. I got up, and went over to him.

He turned to see me and frowned, "What do you want?"

"This." My fist connected with his jaw. He fell and I started beating the crap out of him. He was lying on the ground crying. Newt pulled me away.

"Newt! Let me go!" I yelled.

"What are you doing?" he yelled right back.

"He's being a shuckface to Cam! She told me she woke up with him in her bed!" I glared at Ethan, who was on the ground coughing up blood. Minho went to finish the job. I was smiling, which was kind of morbid, but he deserved it. You don't mess with Minho's girl. He won't take it. At all. Alby pulled Minho away.

"Okay! Emergency meeting!" Alby yelled. Alby then walked over to Cam and I and said, "I want you two on the council.You are the only girls and you're both smart. We like to hear your opinions,"

Cam and I smiled, "Thanks, Alby" I said.

He smiled, and we followed him to the council hall. Last time I was in here, It was about me being a runner. I was nervous, so I didn't look at this place clearly. There was a chair for each person, no more, no less. Everyone's chair had a name carved into the back. Cam and I found ours. Newt saw us and smiled. He knew about this. He was going to surprise me. He is one sneaky shank.

"This emergency meeting is about Ethan," Alby started.

I looked over at Cam, who looked upset. I put my hand on her shoulder, and gave her a comforting look. She calmed a little.  

"He has offended Cam here, too many times. We are going to punish him, so that Minho and Izzy won't have to punish him for us," Minho and I looked at eachother and smiled. Alby continued, "We can either put him in jail for 2 months, or we can banish him," 

I already knew what my answer was. I wanted him banished the first time!

"Let's start with our newest members. Cam,"

Cam looked up, "I want him banished! Jail didn't work the first time! I doubt it will work the second time!" 

"Izzy,"

"BANISH HIM!" I said in an evil voice. Everyone started laughing. Even Gally.

"Newt,"

"Banished."

"Minho,"

"I hated him in the first place! Banish him! I'll miss beating the klunk out of him though." Cam and I smiled at that.

Alby went through everyone else. I was unanimous. Even Alec, Keeper of the Bricknicks, his own boss, wanted him banished. I was so happy. We could get rid of that jerk. There is a possibility that he could survive the night, but considering his weight, that's a really slim chance. 

Tomorrow, get me some popcorn and a chair, because I'm going to enjoy watching him get banished. 

A/N: Hey guys! I hope you're liking the story. Izzy was a bit morbid in this chapter... I love it. What about you? 😈