Chapter 37

IZZY

I was crying as they sent Newt up into the Maze.

"I love you, Newt. Just know that. I'll be there soon," I told him holding his hand as they were removing his memory.

"I love you, too, Iz." He muttered before he was under their anesthetic. They finished and put him in the box along with about ten other boys, including my best friend, Minho. Tommy came to watch with me. I cried even harder as they sent them up in the box. Tommy hugged me, and I just cried into his shoulder.

"Shh. It'll be okay, Iz. It'll be okay," He soothed as my crying died down.

"Tommy, can you promise me something?" I sniffled.

"Of course. Anything, Iz."

"Whatever happens in the maze, we never stray from each other. We stay together as long as we can," I explained.

"I'll promise if you will." He held up his pinky like a five year old. I chuckled and intertwined my pinky with my brother's.

"I promise." We both said at the same time.

//\\//\\//\\//\\

I was lying on a cold, metal table about to get my memory wiped to go into the maze. Tommy was there above me.

"Iz, you'll be okay. Just know that you're meant to be a runner. If they refuse to let you, keep bugging them until the let you," He explained.

"Okay." I mumbled.

"And, remember our promise." He held out his pinky, and I smiled as I intertwined my pinky with his. I went unconscious as I brought my hand back down to my side.