Chapter 14

IZZY

 Ben's going to start running again today. Minho is trying to teach him how to do it properly. It's actually not all that hard. You run a couple turns, cut a piece of ivy down, write the turns you made, and repeat. Not that hard at all. 

I was running the Maze, and something felt different. Something was wrong. I could feel it. I felt a stab of pain in my right side. It was probably nothing. I ran my two sections, and when I got back, I mapped my sections.

As I made my way to the Homestead, the pain in my side got stronger. I put my hand up to it and applied pressure. That usually works. It only made it worse. When I got to the Homestead to see Cam, the pain was at its peak. I sat down, and when I looked up I saw Cam bandaging Newt's side.

"What happened?" I got up and went over to him. Screw the pain. 

Newt spoke, "I was just with Zart working in the gardens, and that builder, Nick, came up and stabbed me in the side,"

"WHAT!" I was going to find this guy. Nobody does that to my boyfriend without getting their butt kicked.

He was in the pit when I found him. He was just sitting there, but his eyes lit up when he saw me. It made me sick.

"Why did you do that to Newt?" I glared at that good for nothing pile of klunk.

"Because, he's not good enough for you. I would be a way better boyfriend," he explained.

I scoffed, "Yeah you be a better boyfriend to a donkey,"

He narrowed his eyes at me, "Why did you choose him? Out of the boys here that would be elated to date you, you choose that shuckface,"

"I choose him because he's kind, caring, tough, protective, and treats me right... Oh, yeah and he doesn't stab people!" I said. At the thought of the stab, my side started hurting again.  

He smirked, "I know you want me,"

No, I felt like I wanted to barf! Gross! He is also really ugly. He has long, brown hair that reaches to his jaw line, and so brown they're almost black eyes. Oh yeah, and his nose looked like a monstrosity living on his face.

I'd had it with him, I punched him in the nose through the bars making him fall. His nose started to bleed, "What the shuck!"

"The only thing I like about you is seeing you in pain. It brings me joy." I smirked then walked off to watch Ethan be banished. Since Newt was hurt, I took his spot with the pole thing. I enjoyed watching him cry and beg for mercy. I looked over to Cam who was smiling from ear to ear. He was pushed into the Maze still begging. I then went to see Newt.

The pain in my side grew strong as I approached Newt, "How are you doing?" 

"Good, now that you're here. Where were you?" he asked.

"I went to go see Nick," I smiled.

"What did you do?"

"I asked him why he did this to you,"

"What did he say?"

"That you weren't a good enough boyfriend for me, and that he would be way better. I hate him,"

"He's right. I'm not good enough for you," 

"No! Shut up! Seriously, Newt. I love you, only you, I don't think I'm capable of loving anyone else," I ran my hand through his hair.

"I love you too, Izzy," we kissed. What I said was true. I don't think I can love anyone else. We pulled away, and the pain in my side was hurting again. Strong.

"Ow!" I said. I put a hand up to my side. It hurt... a lot.

"What's wrong?" Newt asked.

"In the Maze today, I felt a sudden pain, but I don't know why,"

"Wait... Is that your right side?" He asked.

"Yeah... Why?" I was confused.

"That's the side I got stabbed in," he explained.

It was like we had some kind of connection. We could feel eachother's pain. That wasn't good, but it was like we were meant to be together. Before I even entered the Maze.

I stayed in the Homestead with Newt through the night. I slept in a chair beside his cot. Newt was perfect. I loved him so much. I was determined that we were going to get out of this Maze together. No matter what.