Chapter 7

IZZY

It's been about a month now, since I became a runner. It was awesome! Got to run everyday, clear my head, and most importantly, I didn't have to do any of those cruddy jobs back in the Glade. Newt came to me the next day after my run to apologize, and of course I forgave him. For the past month, Newt and I have only grown closer. I hope he liked me. I really like him. Every time I saw him, I didn't have just butterflies in my stomach, I had a whole zoo! It seemed like he liked me back. He called me beautiful from time to time, which made me blush so much I looked like a tomato. Today was my first day running alone in the Maze. I was excited. I could run at my own pace. Minho was too slow for me. He faster than others, but way too slow for me.

I got up and packed my lunch. They gave me section 3 today. The doors were about to open, when I felt two strong arms wrap around me. Newt.

"Be careful today, Izzy. I don't want you getting hurt," Newt said.

"I will, Newt. I take the Maze serious. If I see anything, I'll come right back." The doors opened, and Newt still hadn't let go.

"Hey! Izzy! Stop cuddling and come on!" Newt released me, and my cheeks turned bright red. I started running, but before we parted ways I punched Minho in the gut and he fell down. I laughed and ran to section 3.

I ran the section in like an hour. It takes Minho, like an 2 hours to run to the end, and 3 to run back. I got back and walked over to the Map room to map section 3. I came out and everyone was gathering to have lunch. I walked over and saw Newt. I ran up to him and scared him. He screamed, "Izzy! What the bloody klunk! You shuckface!"

I was laughing my face off, and he started hugging me. "I can't believe your back already! Do you sprint hardcore the whole time?"

"Yeah, Minho is so slow!" I replied.

"He's faster than me!" Newt defended. I chuckled and we sat and ate lunch. I heard an alarm. Newt got up and made his way over to the box. I caught up to him and asked, "What's happening?"

"There's a new greenie!" He answered. Yay! I'm not the greenie anymore!

We got over there, and the doors started opening. Newt and Alby jumped in and I looked down to see a panicked girl. She had long, brown hair and hazel eyes. She looked athletic and pretty. Newt tried to touch her, and she smacked him. I jumped down, and Newt looked at me. I held up a finger for one second.

"Hi. Don't be afraid. I'm Izzy," Greeted in a soft voice.

"I can't remember anything!" she cried.

"Hey, Newt," He looked, "Let's help her out," We helped her out of the box, and she started running towards the door. I started sprinting to stop her. I stopped her. She was crying hard.

"Hey, hey. It's okay you're going to be fine," I hugged her, and she cried harder. After a while she stopped.

"I'm sorry. I don't usually cry," she sniffled.

"It's okay. Do you remember your name at least?" I asked.

"I think it's Cameron," she answered.

"I'm Izzy, and just so you know we're the only girls here,"

"Are you kidding me?"

"Nope,"

"That sucks,"

"Yeah we're stuck here with all these slintheads,"

"Huh?" she looked confused.

"Oh, we have our own words here. You'll get used to them. I did,"

We talked for a couple hours, and I saw Minho come out of the Maze and run over to Newt. "Come on, Cam," I got up and ran over to Minho.

"When did you get back?" he asked.

"Like 4 hours ago," I answered.

"Man, You're fast!"

"No... You're just slow, and this is Cameron. The new greenie,"

She blushed, "Hi," I knew that she had a little crush on Minho already.

"Hey, I'm Minho," Minho was acting weird... He liked her.

I pulled Newt aside, "They like eachother!"

"How do you know?" Newt questioned.

"Because Cam was blushing and Minho's acting weird," We looked over and both their cheeks were red.

"I guess you're right," Newt smirked, "Hey I need to show you something,"

"Okay," I agreed. He grabbed my hand and pulled me into the Deadheads. We walked till we found a little stream, "Oh this is so cool,"

Newt went and sat on a little bridge and gestured for me to sit next to him, so I did. We sat and talked for a couple of minutes. Newt was staring at me.

"What?" I asked.

"You're beautiful," He answered. I smiled and blushed. He put two fingers under my chin and made me look up at him. I looked into his eyes. His beautiful, loving, brown eyes. Before I knew what was happening, we were kissing. I kissed back, and he pulled away.

"Sorry," He was embarassed. I grabbed his cheeks and kissed him. When I pulled away, he said, "I'm not sorry anymore,"

I smiled. We held hands on the way back. We got to the bonfire and sat next to Minho and Cam.

"Why are you all smiley?" Cam asked.

"What? I can't be all smiley for no reason?" She gave me a look, "Okay, Newt and I kissed,"

"Oh, I didn't know you had a thing for Newt," she giggled.

"Oh, well I know that you have a thing for Minho," I smirked.

He cheeks turned bright red, "No, I don't!"

"Don't worry, I can tell he likes you, too,"

"Really?!"

"Ha! You do like him!"

"Maybe, just a little," she blushed.

"Hey!"

"What?"

"Let's play truth or dare!"

"Okay!"

"I'll go first! Truth or dare?"

"Dare!" she says. I was hoping she would say that.

I did an evil grin, "I dare you to kiss Minho..."

"On the cheek?"

"On the lips..."

"Okay," she was hesitant. She walked up to him, tapped him on the shoulder and kissed him. Newt and I started cracking up. Minho kissed her back though.

"Told you they liked eachother," I said and Newt grabbed my hand. Cam pulled away and Minho was smiling like an idiot.

"Hey, Minho!" He looked over at me, "Stop smiling like a slinthead!"