Chapter 38

IZZY

I woke up gasping, and nobody was in the room. I got up and ran out into the Glade where everyone was freaking out. I looked down at my watch and realized that the doors hadn't closed. We had no protection, and I looked up to see that the sky was gray. No sunlight for the crops. We were screwed.

I saw Newt and ran over to him. When he saw me, his eyes went wide, "Izzy! You're awake!" He kissed me passionatly, and I pulled away, "What's wrong?"

"I need to talk about my memories with you, so you should sort things out with everyone. Then, we can talk," I explained.

"Okay, Love." He smiled and peck my lips which made me smile.

I ran to find Tommy and found him at his spot in the Deadheads. He looked up and smiled, "You're awake." He jumped up and hugged me.

"What do you remember?" He asked.

"Here. Hold up your pinky," I told him.

He furrowed his eyebrows and asked, "What does this-"

"Just do it," I commanded. He rolled his eyes and held up his pinky. I intertwined my pinky with his like I did before the maze, "Does this seem familar?"

"Yes, actually... Why?" He asked confused. I pulled him into a hug, "I'm so confused."

"You're my brother, Tommy." I smiled when I pulled away from the hug. He smiled really big.

"That's how I know you, Iz. My sistah."

I chuckled, "My brothah,"

"What else did you remember?"

"Well, Gally threatened to kill me, Minho was one of my best friends, and Newt was my boyfriend before the maze."

"You know what I just remembered that you used to call him?"

"What?"

"Newtie Cutie," He smirked.

"I did not! You liar!" I playfuly punched him in the arm, and we both started laughing really loudly.

After we stopped laughing, I asked, "What happenend while I was out?"

"Well, the sky went gray, the box still hasn't gone back down, Minho and I think we've found a way out, the doors haven't closed, and Teresa woke up."

"Wow, I missed a lot. The girl's name is Teresa?"

"Yeah. We can communicate through our minds."

I busted out laughing, and he stayed completely silent, "Oh. You're serious."

"Yeah, I'm shucking serious, and you asked about her before the maze? Wow, you need to check your priorities," He chuckled.

"Okay, then. What about the way out?"

"We think it's off of the cliff. That's where the Grievers go."

"Really?"

"Yeah, we threw rocks in certain spots, and they disappeared over the edge of some hole."

"That's amazing!"

"I know!"

Newt came over and said, "Izzy, I'm done. We can talk now."

"Okay, one sec." I hugged Tommy and followed Newt into the Homestead.

We sat on his cot, and he asked, "Why are you so close to Tommy?"

I looked into his brown eyes filled with worry. I chuckled, "Tommy's my brother, Newt."

He sighed with relief, "I don't have to be worried anymore. What else did you remember?"

"You."

"What about me?"

"Before the maze... Before WICKED. We were together."

He smiled and pecked my lips, and I smiled. He hugged me, and Minho walked in.

"Izzy! You're awake!" He chuckled.

"Oh, yeah. Minho was my best friend," I added.

"Wait, you remembered me?" He raised his eyebrows, and I nodded. We were interrupted by everyone coming into the Homestead. They decided that we were going to all stay in there for protection.

Newt went with Alby to gather some supplies, and I sat with Cam.

"I'm glad you're alive," She sighed.

"Thanks," I replied.

"Did you remember me?"

"Actually, no."

"Aw. That stinks."

"I know," We sat in silence for a minute, then I asked, "How are things going between you and Minho?"

"Not good. I feel like we're growing apart. I still love him, but..." she trailed off thinking of what to say.

"Just less than you did?"

"Yeah. I just think that we should break up."

"Well, it's your choice, Cam." I ended when all of the other people walked in. After Newt closed the door and latched it shut, we heard the moan of Grievers. Here we go.

Hey y'all! Longer update for 3k reads!!

3.2k reads

144 votes

28 comments