Chapter 46

A/N: Hey guys! Thanks so much for 7k reads! That's amazing! The video to the top or side (it depends on what you're reading on...) is the edit that I made for this book! It's very short because I posted it on vine... Please follow me on instagram, twitter, and vine! My twitter and instagram names are: @hwats305 and my vine name is HW Edits. I hope you like! Thanks!

A couple of hours later, we were all in the Homestead trying to be as quiet as we could. The Grievers were right outside like they were the night before. We were all wondering if Gally would be back again. Bursting through the doors trying to ruin our protection again. I was praying that he wasn't. It might be morbid, but I hope Gally suffocated in the Griever's skin. I was in Newt's arms with Teresa by my side. Teresa was a cool friend. I felt as if I could tell her anything.

I was worried about the runners, mostly Minho and Tommy, being out in the Maze during the dark. I mean, they survived out there before, but I couldn't help but feel worried for two of my best friends. In the scariest place ever.

The Griever was staying quiet. Trying to make us think that it's not there, but it was right in front of the window, which brought in the only slivers of light. We were stuck in complete darkness with just the sound of of our short and quiet breaths. It was driving me insane. Newt held me closer. He was just as terrified as I was. I wanted to cry from how frightened I was, but that would blow our cover, which meant I had to hold it it.

This boy next to me moved a little, which made the floorboard creak. We all tried to hold in our yells as the Griever moved away from the window, letting in a little bit of light. We turned our heads to see a boy, named Adam, sitting there with his eyes wide from making the sound which could end one of us. I brought my knees up to my chest as we listened to the Griever's clicks and whirs moving around the side of the Homestead. I bit my lip to keep from letting out a whimper of fear.

The Griever stopped and stayed quiet for what seemed like hours, but then, the monster's claw came ramming into the roof above us. We all let out a sound of surprise. The Griever kept ramming it's claw into the roof. making little pieces of the wood raining down on us. Newt covered my body to keep me from getting splinters and klunk out of my skin. Teresa was bent over with her back facing up, protecting her head with her hands, which were already pierced with splinters.

Eventually, the Griever's claw came bursting through the demolished roof, grabbing Adam. I jumped from Newt's grip and held on to Adam's legs to keep the Griever from taking him. A couple of others joined in, but the Griever was too strong. It ripped Adam from our grips with Adam's screams and cries for help fading away.

"Adam!" Alec, keeper of the Bricknicks, cried out. Then, I remembered that Adam was a Bricknick. Poor Alec. He lost one of his guys. He slumped onto the ground and sulked.

"I'm sorry, Alec," I told him. He looked up at me with teary eyes.

He sighed, "He was my best friend, and also one of my workers."

"I know you have other friends, though," I comforted.

"Yeah, but none like him," He looked down as a tear rolled down his cheek.

"Again, I'm sorry," I repeated as I got up and walked over to Newt and Teresa.

"There goes Adam," Newt sighed.

"This sucks," Teresa followed, "Thomas and Minho better find something out there."

"Either that or we're shucked," I looked down at the floorboards that caused us to get caught.

"I'll have to get the builders to fix the roof before tonight," Newt looked up and the destroyed roof.

"Poor Alec," Teresa said while looking over at a devastated Alec.

I sighed, "Adam was his best friend. I know how it feels."

"They'll probably find Cam," Teresa tried to comfort me, but it didn't work.

"No! They won't! I found a shred of her shirt out in the maze by the cliff! She's gone! And it's all my fault!" I cried. My face was hot and wet with tears, and I ran out of the Homestead and into the burnt Map room. Room. I pushed one of the huge chests in front of the door and cried my eyes out in there. Newt was banging on the door, but I was too messed up to let him see me like this.

I finally calmed down after a little while and left the Map Room. Newt was sitting up against the outside wall when I walked out. When he saw me, he stood up and hugged me.

"Everything is going to be okay. Even if we have to go through it without Cam. We're going to make it out," Newt comforted, which made me smile. He's the best boyfriend ever.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed the longer chapter! Please comment on what you though of the video!

1) What do you think of Teresa?

2) Should Thomas and Teresa be a couple?

3) What do you think happened to Cam?

4) Will Minho find another girl?

Please answer these questions and keep reading my book! I'm planning the next one since this book is coming to an end! I will try to update more now because I've had the week off and I've just been lazy. Sorry!

Thanks, Loves❤️

-Haven