Chapter 16

IZZY

After dinner, the greenie and Newt talked for a minute alone. Earlier the boy freaked out because he wanted to into the maze. I felt bad for him. I knew everyone wanted out of here so badly. Everyone hates it here. I wanted to find the way out already. At least I wasn't stuck in the glade everyday though. That was a good thing about my life.

Newt was showing the boy around and he came to me, "And this is Izzy,"

"Newt, we already met," I chuckled.

"Oh, well, let me make one thing clear," Newt said really serious. The boy was listening very closely, "She's my girl! If you touch her or even look at her the wrong way, I'll throw you off the cliff myself! Got it?"

The boy nodded, "I won't, Newt,"

"Oh, yeah! Did you remember your name?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm Thomas," He held his hand out for me to shake it, but Newt smacked it down.

"No touch! Remember?" Newt said.

I rolled my eyes at Newt and held out my hand, "Nice to meet you, Thomas," I smiled.

He smiled too, and Newt glared at him, "Okay, Greenie. Let's go." They both walked off, and I walked over next to Cam and Minho watching a fight between Gally and a guy named, Lee. Lee lost. I realized that I was the only one who's ever taken down Gally. Gally pushed Lee into Thomas. Oh no. This was going to be bad.

"What do ya say, Greenie?" Gally asked. Everyone started chanting greenie until he gave in.

Gally explained the rules before they started. Immediately, Gally pushed Thomas, and made him fall. Yep, this was going to be bad.

"Come on, Greenie. We're not done yet," Gally was just getting started.

"Stop calling me that," Thomas commanded.

"Stop calling you that? What do you want to be called? Shank?" Gally teased. Everyone started laughing, but Minho, Cam, and I didn't find it funny. We all hated Gally. He was a idiotic, klunkhead, shuckface.

"He's shucked," Minho said.

"Tell me about it," I rolled my eyes. Minho read my thoughts exactly.

Thomas ran for Gally, but he just slung him around like a rag doll. He threw Thomas down, but Thomas still got up. Gally ran for him, but he pushed him down to where Gally landed on his stomach.
"Yes! There ya go, Thomas!" I cheered.

"Go, Thomas!" Cam joined me.

"What is up with you two?" Minho asked.

"That klunkhead deserves it!" I replied.

Minho shrugged, "That's true,"

"Ha! Not so bad for a gree-" Thomas started when Gally knocked his feet out from under him. Ugh, he sucks.

Thomas lost. Oh, well. He came closer than the others. He actually got him down!

After that was over, I went to Gally and punched him in the face. I left a bruise on his cheek. Ha! Cam punched him in the gut which made him fall. That was hilarious.

I went to my spot in the Deadheads and took my spot. I took out the notebook that I asked the Creators for. I was always bored here, and I always had a big imagination, so I wrote little stories in there. All about different things. I remember a show I used to watch before the flares hit. It was about this boy who was a werewolf, and he was trying to figure a lot if different things out with the help of his friends, werewolf and human. I wrote little stories about that.

I started writing a little love story about this girl who was an outcast and a guy from a tortured past.

I was writing when someone asked, "What are you writing?" I looked up to see Newt leaning against a tree smirking.

"None of your business," I smile.

"No. I need to see it now,"

"No!"

"Yes!" Newt snatched it from my hand.

"Newt!" I yell annoyed, "Give it back!" I tried to reach for it, but Newt held me back with one hand and held my notebook open with another.

"Outcast and Tortured. The story that shows love shines through the darkness of it all," He read out loud.

"Newt! You shank!" I yelled.

He handed me my notebook, "It looks good, but..."

"But what?" I asked curious.

"Do you think our love shines through the darkness of it all?"

"Duh!" I smiled and we kissed.

He stayed with me while I wrote my story, "Are you done with chapter one yet?"

"Almost! Be patient!" I told him.

"But you're taking forever!" Newt whined.

"And.. I'm... Done!" I said finishing my sentence.

"Yes! Gimme, gimme, gimme!" I handed him my notebook, and he read it. He looked up at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Why didn't you ever tell me you were such a good writer?"

"I'd never really thought about it,"

"You should've! I'm making everyone read this,"

"No! It was hard enough for me to let you read it. You are not doing that to me,"

"I know, I know! I was just kidding! Jeez!"

"I was about to smack your shuck face if you weren't kidding,"

"You wouldn't do that,"

"Why wouldn't I?"

"Because you love me," he smiled.

"I guess you're right," I chuckled. We kissed and he went to the Homestead to get some sleep. I wrote all the way up to chapter five in my story. I'll let Newt know in the morning. I put my notebook in my secret spot for it, and I went to sleep.