Chapter 21

IZZY

I woke up and got all my stuff ready to run the maze. Today, Alby came to stand by Minho. He was going to check out a dead griever found in section five. I wanted to go, but Minho refused. That shank. Newt came and kissed me before the doors opened. He waved as I started running. I went a lot faster than I usually do. I felt more energy than I normally do. 

I got back earlier than I usually do, so I went to write in my notebook. I went over to my spot to see Newt there reading my story.

"Um, can I help you?" I asked.

He looked up surprised, then he smiled, "You're back early!" He jumped up, and we hugged. We sat down, and I started writing. Newt whined how I was taking forever the whole time. I finished, and he read it. He loved my story. I don't get why. It wasn't that good. 

I went to find Cam while Newt went to find Tommy. He heard me start calling him Tommy, so he started calling him that, too.

I went to the Homestead to see Cam there just sitting there in a chair looking at the ceiling. I came and sat next to her, and she sat up smiling, "Finally, I was so bored talking to Jeff all day,"

"I'm telling Jeff you said that," I smirked.

"No! Don't! Clint will be the only one I have to talk to if you do that!" She begged.

"Okay, okay. I was kidding," 

"Good. Where's Minho? It's getting late,"

I looked at my watch. The doors were closing in an hour. Oh no, "Let's go find Newt. He's probably freaking out right now,"

"Okay," She replied. We went through the rain to the eating area. Newt was leaning against a post and Tommy was standing next to him.

"What if they don't make it?" Thomas asked.

"They're gonna make it," Newt replied while staring at the open doors.

"They're still not back?" Cam asked scared. It would suck to think your boyfriend was going to be stuck in the maze. Nobody's ever survived a night in the maze. I would be dying right now if Newt was stuck in the maze.

"Nope," Newt said. Cam looked at the ground worried. I hugged her, and she looked depressed. Poor Cam. 

Newt went over in front of the doors and plopped down. He probably wanted to be alone right now. I sat down next to Tommy and Cam.

"I hope they make it back in the next forty minutes," I broke the silence.

"Me too," Tommy said. He looked worried too. Cam just sat there and looked at the ground depressed.

"Cam, They'll make it. Don't get all depressed," I put my hand on her shoulder.

"I can't help it," She replied. Poor Cam. 

About thirty minutes later, Tommy said, "Newt looks freaked out,"

I looked over to the door to see Newt pacing around. Oh, man. It was only ten minutes till the doors closed, "I'm going to calm him down," I got up and ran over to him. When I got over there, he didn't notice me until I said, "Newt,"

He looked up at me with the look of pure worry on his face, "I'm- I'm freaked out!" Tears started forming in his eyes. Not only was he going to have to take Alby's place if they don't make it back, he would lose two of his best friends. I pulled him into a hug, and he cried while we hugged. I've never seen Newt this freaked out.

CAM

When I heard that Minho wasn't back yet, my heart broke. I loved Minho so much. I couldn't lose him. I went into depression knowing that if Minho didn't make it back in time, he would probably die in the maze. Thomas was over here trying to comfort me while Izzy was over trying to calm Newt. She would still have her love, but I would be here just depressed that I lost mine. Inside I had two choices freak out, or be depressed, and I chose the second one.

When it was five minutes until the doors closed, we all went over and stood waiting for them. I wanted to cry, but I held it in. I was standing by Chuck and Thomas, while Newt had his arm around Izzy. I just wanted Minho to be okay. The doors started closing and Minho appeared dragging Alby along.

IZZY

Minho appeared dragging Alby right as the doors started to close. We were all shouting encouragements. The doors were about closed, "They're not gonna make it," I whispered to myself. I was going to lose them. At that moment, Tommy ran into the maze.

A/N: Oh no! Tommy! Well, thanks to y'all who read my book! You are so awesome! 😜 

1.68K reads

57 votes

16 comments

Thanks, Loves... ❤️