Chapter Thirteen, Date

A lot has happened in the last few months that Gwaine has decided to take his Merlyn bird out on a picnic; just the two of them. He was glad to say that their relationship has come on in leaps and bounds and they're closer than ever. But he also knew she had been under a lot of stress. It just seemed one thing after another with the Crystal Cave and Morgana, until a few weeks ago where a Princess who was set to marry Arthur turned out to be possessed by a Changeling. Luckily Merlyn had once again stopped it and freed the girl from being taken over with the help of Gaius. Then in a turn of events she and Arthur decided to forge an alliance through friendship instead of through marriage.

The day of his date with his Merlyn bird, Gwaine woke up early and quickly dressed before he headed down to the market to pick some flowers for his love only to bump into Arthur on the way down.
"Gwaine, where are you off to, so early?" Arthur asked, confused and slightly suspicious.
"I'm taking Merlyn out for the day, remember Princess? I spoke to you yesterday about it and I need some flowers." Gwaine teased lightly.
"I remember but stop calling me Princess." Arthur snapped, glaring lightly at the man who only laughed at him.
"Anyway, I think it would be good for her. She's been so stressed lately." Arthur sighed, wondering what could be troubling his sister.
"Of course she is. She has to save your royal backside constantly." Gwaine said seriously, the pair walked down to the market at a leisurely pace, browsing the stalls until Gwaine came across a stall that held the most beautiful flowers.

There was a bouquet full of blue Iris, pink-white stargazer Lily, red tulips and some lilacs. He only knew the different types of flowers thanks to his sisters who would take him out when he was younger, and tell him all the different types of flowers and their meanings. He used to hate it but he couldn't be more thankful for it now.
"What can I do for you today, Sire, Sir Gwaine?" The elderly man running the stall asked kindly.
"Hello Harry." Gwaine smiled kindly, Merlyn had told him the names of pretty much everyone on his second day here. "I'd like the bouquet of Iris, tulip, stargazer Lily and lilac please?" He asked, pointing to said bouquet.

"You know your flowers, huh?" Harry was impressed, as he carefully grabbed the bouquet and wrapped it in a sheer cloth. "For Merlyn? She's one lucky lady."
"I'm the lucky one." Gwaine refuted. "You can thank my sisters for that knowledge." Gwaine laughed, Harry joining him.
"I know what you mean. It was the same with me and my sister and then my wife, she tells me what flowers to get and only ones with meanings. The trick to a happy life is a happy wife, I say to myself and just endure it. Here ya go, that'll be one gold piece and two silver pieces, Sir Gwaine."
"Thank you." Gwaine smiled, accepting the flowers and handing over two gold pieces and two silver pieces.
"My Lord you've given me more-" Harry spluttered, trying to hand it back but Gwaine just folded Harry's fingers over the coins.
"Keep it." Gwaine assured.