Chapter Five, Gwaine is a What?

The Council Chambers were silent after Gwaine's exclamation. When a stunned Arthur broke it.
"What?" Arthur asked not sure he had heard Gwaine properly.
"You heard me. I'm Gwaine son of Sir Dwayne, which makes me a Nobleman and well within my rights to protect my Soulmate, Merlyn. Or any other woman who is being beaten and about to be raped, whether these thugs are Knights or not." Gwaine repeated himself with a smug smirk on his face. "I have his ring with his crest, and you can check. I have one older sister." He added as he awkwardly pointed to the ring around his neck with his chained hands.

"Sire," 'Sir Oswald protested but Uther raised his hand, silencing him.
"Check it. And bring me Geoffrey." Uther ordered. A Knight quickly bowed and scurried out of the room while one of the guards besides Gwaine lifted the ring for a closer inspection.
"It has the crest, Sire." The guard told him which only infuriated 'Sir Oswald' and 'Sir Ethan' more.
"Merlyn, what were you doing in Sir Oswald's chamber?" Uther growled, ignoring the glares he got from Gaius, Gwaine, Sir Leon and Arthur.
"Prince Arthur told me to look after them for the duration of their stay. It's a cold night and I was putting warmer blankets on the bed, and was going to start a fire, as that is the coldest room in the castle. When Sir Oswald attacked me and called Sir Ethan to join in." Merlyn replied as outraged whispers spread around the room.

Although she was lying on her reasons for being in there, it was the truth about the room being the coldest.
"You attacked her for doing her job!" Arthur bellowed. "A job I told her to do!? What sort of Knights are you!? You are disgusting -"
"Arthur!" Uther bellowed ceasing Arthur's enraged shouts. "Ah, Geoffrey." Uther said as a plump and balding, elderly man shuffled into the Council Chambers. "This man claims he is the son of Sir Dwayne. I need you to confirm this for me. He has the ring with the seal of approval. Whether it was stolen or not remains unclear."
"Father! I do not believe Gwaine would steal the ring. He saved my life, I will vouch for him." Arthur argued.

"Very well, but from now on, what happens next is on your head, Arthur." Uther warned dangerously.
"May I see this ring?" Geoffrey asked, once Gwaine nodded the elderly man picked it up and examined it. "It is definitely the ring bearing the Sigil of Sir Dwayne. I shall need to check the records to confirm he is who he says he is." Geoffrey informed the King.
"Very well. Until what you say can be proven or disproven you shall remain in the dungeons. I cannot be seen letting a commoner, supposed or not, attacking two visiting Knights. Guards take him back to the dungeon." Uther ordered.
"What of them? What punishment do they get for attacking my Soulmate!?" Gwaine shouted not letting the guards take him away.
"She is only a maidservant and the Knights will not be punished." Uther hissed before he walked off leaving several shocked people in his wake.