Chapter Three, Trouble a Foot

Gwaine was humming to himself as he walked back down the market. He'd already brought the necklace and a dress to go with it. Surprisingly, the vendor offered the dress to him for less than he was selling it at as it was for Merlyn. Apparently Merlyn had tended to his son for three days and didn't give up on him and refused to leave the boy and refused to take any payment. And he wasn't the only one who held Merlyn in such high regard either. Right now though, he was just browsing the stalls taking in all that Camelot has to offer. He hated Uther and all that he stood for, but he couldn't deny that Camelot truly was beautiful, and he could stay here for his Merlyn bird. He will definitely have to look for work as he would be staying here permanently, and perhaps a place of his own as he couldn't keep taking up the sickbed, but for now he was happy to just explore the city.

***

Deep within the forest two unsuspecting Knights didn't know their lives were about to be brutally cut short all because of a revenge plot to kill Prince Arthur Pendragon.
"How much further would you say it is to Camelot?" The sandy haired Knight asked his companion.
"Half a day's ride. The journey is almost over." The darker haired Knight replied. The two Knights had no idea their would-be killers were in the trees on the hill watching and listening as they planned their attack.
"It is for you." The bald thug said with a wicked smirk upon his face as he ran at them.
"Oswald!" The sandy haired Knight shouted in warning. But Sir Oswald was unfortunately too slow to react and fell to the floor dead before he could draw his own sword.

The other Knight however, was not so slow, and leapt to his feet sword in hand at the death of his friend, preparing to face down this foe. Whether he was too cocky or too consumed with grief and revenge which was the reason why he didn't check his surroundings, we will never know. But it was ultimately his undoing as the other thug, Ebor, snuck up behind him and killed him with his own Stalone blade. It seemed this was their plan all along and their plan for revenge was starting to take fruition.
"Dagger!" Ebor shouted when a servant came out of the tent. Spinning around the now-named- thug gripped a throwing dagger and hurled it at the servant as he tried to run. Killing him instantly.
"The crystals!" Dagger demanded of his companion, holding out his hand expectantly.