Chapter Two, Lunch with Gwaine

Once he finished dressing Gwaine took some money out of his bag to buy them a decent lunch, as Merlyn had hardly eaten that morning, and he would not allow his Merlyn bird to starve. Smiling happily to himself, Gwaine left gaius' chambers and made his way out of the castle, taking in the sights as he searched for his Merlyn. 

***

Merlyn sighed worriedly as she left Tom's old Blacksmith shop with Arthur's blunt sword for the Mele. Gwen had gotten someone to take over her father's shop a few months ago, as she couldn't bear to see her father's legacy go to waste.
"Merlyn, why do you look so tense?" Gwen asked her friend worriedly, as she walked with her back to her house.
"I met my Soulmate, Gwen. He saved Arthur yesterday and I'm supposed to meet him for lunch today, but I fear I'm going to be late." Merlyn sighed despondently.

"Really?" Gwen asked excitedly. "Why didn't you tell me sooner!? Oh, I'm so happy for you." Gwen exclaimed as she hugged her best friend.
"Thank you, Gwen. How're things with you and Arthur?" Merlyn teased, giggling when Gwen blushed and gently smacked her arm.
"Just you wait, Merlyn. I'll get you back." Gwen warned, mock-glaring at her before they both burst into giggles. While Gwen and Merlyn were giggling with each other as they walked up the Lower Town, Gwaine was walking down the Lower Town when he heard Merlyn giggling with her friend.

Smiling happily he quickly purchased a small bouquet of white flowers before making his way over to them.
"Now, I believe these belong to my beautiful Princess." Gwaine declared attracting not only Merlyn and Gwen's attention but quite a few others as well.
"Gwaine." Merlyn said happily with a light blush on her cheeks. "They're beautiful, thank you."
"Not as beautiful as you." Gwaine denied. "Let's see if they're your colour." He said as he took a flower out of the bouquet that he'd handed Merlyn, and tucked it in her hair behind her ear, as Merlyn smelt the beautiful flowers to hide her blush.
"There. Perfect match." Gwaine said happily, as he took her hand and kissed the back of it causing Merlyn's blush to deepen.