Prologue

No young woman, no matter how great can know her destiny

No young woman, no matter how great can know her destiny. She cannot glimpse her part in the great story that is about to unfold. Like everyone, she must live and learn. And so it will be for the young Mage arriving at the gates of Camelot. A girl that will, in time, mother the legend. Her name: Merlyn.

Prologue

Prologue

Merlyn was tired and fed up with Arthur and his stupid hunting trip, all she wanted to do was go home, back to Camelot and go to bed. But what did Arthur want to do, and therefore drag her to do? Go to a bloody tavern that's what. She didn't understand why anyone had to kill animals for sport, for food she could understand, but for sport? No! She had tried her hardest to make sure Arthur barely caught or didn't catch anything at all.
"Come on Merlyn!" Arthur shouted to his maidservant (who he secretly saw as his best friend and a little sister), from where he stood down the hill near the taverns' entrance.
"Dollophead!" Merlyn grumbled under her breath as she hurried to catch up with Arthur, after giving the horse one last stroke.

"What was that?" Arthur asked when Merlyn caught up to him.
"I said the sun is very bright." Merlyn told him while inwardly rolling her eyes. Arthur looked up to the sky shielding his eyes from the sun as he looked.
"Yeah it is." Arthur agreed before he entered the tavern.
"Dollophead!" Merlyn sighed as she followed Arthur into the tavern joining him at his table.
"My. Aren't you pretty." A lady said as she came over to the table Merlyn and Arthur were sat at. "I'd snap her up if I were you." She said turning to Arthur making him splutter and Merlyn to scrunch her nose up in disgust.
"He's more of an overbearing older brother." Merlyn finally said, ceasing Arthur's spluttering.