Chapter Fifteen, Eye of the Phoenix

The day had finally arrived. The day that Arthur sets out of The Perilous Lands and Merlyn had a terrible feeling in the pit of her stomach: that something was going to happen. I mean when doesn't it when Arthur is involved?
"Merlyn, I'm sure everything is going to be fine." Gwaine assured, kissing her shoulder after she'd finished dressing into a turquoise dress and plaiting her hair.
"I just have a horrible feeling. Especially with what Gwen told me last night." Merlyn sighed, leaning against Gwaine for a moment. "Come on, we better go." Merlyn sighed, linking her arm through Gwaine's and heading to the courtyard where practically everyone was seeing Arthur off.

George, who had saddled Arthur's horse, stepped back when Merlyn came over.
"Arthur, please be careful." Merlyn asked her best friend.
"I promise. Don't worry so much Merlyn." Arthur assured, when Merlyn suddenly felt a surge of great power coming from Arthur's right wrist.
"Beautiful isn't it?" Arthur said, misreading Merlyn's reaction to the bracelet. "It was a gift from Morgana."
"Of course it was." Merlyn muttered disdainfully, as Arthur set off on his journey. Merlyn stared worriedly after Arthur before turning to look at Gwaine, who immediately knew something was wrong.

Without attracting attention to themselves they hurried back to Gaius's chambers where Merlyn explained what she felt from the bracelet, who it was from, and what it looked like. Starting a ferocious search through Gaius's never ending pile of books.
"Are you sure it wasn't a jewel?" Gaius asked, coming over to his niece with a large tomb, open in his hands. Merlyn looked up from the book she was flicking through at one of the tables, Gwaine was sitting at the other table with an even larger tomb open in front of him. Merlyn peered closely at what Gaius was showing her before shaking her head.
"No, it was much brighter than that." Merlyn denied, before returning to her book. Gwaine sighed, rubbing his head in frustration as he returned to his own book; disappointed. They had already searched through a large piles of books that were stacked in front of him on the table.