Chapter Sixteen, Courage, Strength, Magic and Hope

Gwaine and Merlyn had stopped at an inn on their way to catch up with Arthur who only had a day ahead of them. Merlyn was more than happy to camp outside but Gwaine would not hear of it. He paid for them to share a room, as there was only one room left. It had a double bed which meant they had to share, but they didn't mind or see any issue with it.
"So what do you think it'll be?" Merlyn asked, that night as she snuggled up to Gwaine, her head laying on his chest and a hand on her stomach.
"I think it'll be a girl who is as beautiful and as powerful as her mother." Gwaine stated with a happy smile, his hand covering Merlyn's. "What do you think my Merlyn bird?"
"I think it'll be a boy who is just like his father including your eyes but with my magic." Merlyn said, picturing her little boy while Gwaine pictured his little girl.

"Well, I still think it's a girl and I think Hope would be a good name." Gwaine stated.
"I want to name our son after my father, Balinor." Merlyn said with a small sad but happy smile.
"That's perfect my love." Gwaine said happily, Merlyn smiled triumphantly thinking she'd won until Gwaine spoke again. "For our second child." Gwaine added, making them both laugh. "Get some sleep Merlyn we still have a long journey ahead of us still. I love you my Merlyn bird." Gwaine said, kissing her lips softly.
"And I love you too, Gwaine. Good night." Merlyn said, pecking his lips as she snuggled down under the covers and soon drifted off to sleep.

***

Arthur's energy continued to drain day by day, especially when he had to fight against two robbers who had tried to steal from him while he slept and slit his throat for good measure. He had been successful in beating them, but only just and it had sucked away his already dwindling energy. He finally made it to the edge of The Perilous Lands and he could see why it was called as such: the sky was a hazy blood orange, there was only a little forested area that his map said had a bridge that led into the wastelands of the Fisher Kings realm, the rest of the area was all waste lands with various sinkholes that he would have to watch out for.

Stowing away his map once again and tying up his horse, he made his way through the narrow forest on foot; where he came across a small clearing where a small man stood in the middle of the bridge blocking his way. He was dressed all in brown and black leather and Arthur also noticed there was a good size fire pit placed strategically in the upper middle so the man would not have to leave his position to keep warm. There were also pots placed over the fire obviously cooking some food for the man, by the delicious smell coming from it.