Chapter Four, Gwaine the Nobleman

The next morning Merlyn awoke with a smile on her face as she dressed in a black underdress with a teal-green overdress, her signature brown boots and braided hairstyle. A smile had graced her face as spotted the dress Gwaine brought her hanging in her wardrobe - it was a different smile, it was happy but it had love and adoration mixed in. A smile you only get with a loved one- and then again when she actually got to have breakfast with Gaius and Gwaine that morning. In the back of her mind she knew Arthur would be angry about the Tavern bill but she couldn't bring herself to care right now.
"I'll see you later." Merlyn said kissing Gaius' cheek and after a moment of hesitation, Gwaine's before she almost skipped out of the chambers. While the two men watched her go with adoring smiles on their faces.
"I'll see you later Merlyn bird." Gwaine shouted after her, making her smile widen. 

"Sorry I'm late." Merlyn said, rushing into Arthur's chambers with his breakfast, seeing him sat at his desk, his head on his fist and an unreadable expression on his face.
"Not at all." Arthur waved off surprising her, normally he would rant for at least five minutes before they bantered and teased each other. But she just smiled and brushed it off.
"Sure you're alright?" Arthur asker as Merlyn started making his bed. "You're not sick, unsteady, about to burst into song?"
"Well, song, maybe. The rest, no." Merlyn teased but Arthur just glared at her and banged his hand on the bill she'd spotted on his desk. Without taking his eyes off her Arthur picked up the bill, shook it out and started to read.

"Fourteen quarts of mead, three flagons of wine, five quarts of cider, four dozen pickled eggs." Arthur read out ignoring Merlyn's explanation.
"That was Gwaine. He went to the Tavern celebrating finding his Soulmate; me." Merlyn said with a roll of her eyes at Arthur's confusion. "I told you this already." She complained. "Anyway, he got carried away and couldn't pay for it."
"So you said I would." Arthur stated.
"You said he's to be given anything he needs or wants." Merlyn reminded Arthur.
"Four dozen pickled eggs?" Arthur shouted.
"I'm sorry. I'll pay for it."  Merlyn apologised.
"You most certainly will." Arthur said as he threw the bill away from him.