Chapter Eighteen, Proposal

The journey home took a little longer than necessary and longer than they'd planned as Merlyn had suddenly been hit with a bad case of morning sickness that left her too weak to travel for several hours. When they were finally crossing the border into Camelot Arthur turned sternly towards Merlyn and Gwaine.
"Now, listen, neither of you were not there. You have not seen me for days." Arthur said sternly. "You were doing whatever it is you were doing."
"We were in Ealdor visiting my mother. If anyone asks, don't worry. Now, can we please get to Camelot." Merlyn asks, spurring her horse on faster.
"You have my blessing much like I know you've gathered her mother's and Gaius's, but you hurt her and I'll end you." Arthur said firmly.

***

After they had to stop at the Council Chambers to welcome Arthur home, Merlyn headed back to her chambers with Gaius and could finally take some much needed potions and have a nice hot bath and change of clothes.
"Merlyn, come sit." Gaius said, as Merlyn came out from behind the screen freshly bathed and dressed in a fresh dress. "Gwaine tells me you've had quite the journey."
"Tell me about it. Where is Gwaine, anyway?" Merlyn asked, taking a seat at the table and sipping at her tea.
"He had to go pick something up. Now, let me give you a once over." Gaius said firmly, checking over his niece as she told him everything.
"You and baby seem to be okay but I want you to rest Merlyn." Gaius said sternly, pointing his finger at her before he picked up the vial of water. "It's from the Lake of Avalon?" He asked curiously.
"That's what he told me." Merlyn confirmed.

"Interesting." Gaius hummed.
"Really?" Merlyn asked.
"Well, it must have some significance." Gaius said, handing it back to her.
"Do you believe his warnings, Gaius?" Merlyn asked, a protective hand automatically resting on her small bump.
"Well, we already know of one enemy within our walls." Gaius stated.
"Morgana."
"You need to be extra careful, Merlyn. Her abilities are growing. Whether the Fisher King is right or wrong, we'd be foolish to ignore his words." Gaius said cautiously.
"I'll look after them, Gaius." Gwaine spoke from the doorway hiding something behind his back.

"I know you will Gwaine. I best go check Arthur over after what Morgana put him through." Gaius said, picking up his medicine bag. "They're both just fine but she needs rest." He said sternly, before he left the room.
"Did you get what you needed?" Merlyn asked, finishing eating her soup.
"I did." Gwaine said, pulling the bouquet of flowers out from behind his back. It was exactly like the first bouquet she got from him.
"Gwaine they're beautiful, thank you." Merlyn said, getting to her feet and kissing him softly. "I'll just put this in water." She said, accepting the flowers and headed over to the vase and filling it with some water. Gwaine, seeing his chance, got down on one knee holding open the ring box that held a beautiful silver ring that had an ice topaz in the middle and was on a Celtic band. It had cost a pretty penny to have this made but his Merlyn bird was worth it.

With the flowers now in water Merlyn turned back to face Gwaine only for a gasp to escape her lips as she covered her mouth, slowly walking over to Gwaine.
"My beautiful Merlyn bird I love you and our surprise daughter, with all my heart." Gwaine started. "I know it hasn't been too long and I'm not just asking because of Hope. I've been planning this for a long time. I love you and I don't want to wait another second until you are my wife. I will give you everything you could possibly want; for you deserve the world and I'll be by your side for whatever you need. Support, love, protection, you name it and you'll have it. You mean the world to me and I truly hope you'll make me the happiest man in all of the seven Kingdoms, and become my wife?" Merlyn had soft tears running down her cheeks but she had a wide smile on her face.

"Yes! Yes of course I'll marry you." Merlyn said happily. Tears now falling down Gwaine's cheeks he slipped the ring on to Merlyn's left ring finger which was a perfect fit, and stood up spinning her around in a circle as they laughed blissfully and happily.
"It's beautiful, thank you Gwaine. I love you." Merlyn said, kissing her now fiancé.
"Never more beautiful than my Merlyn bird." Gwaine declared passionately. "I love you too."