Chapter One, Gwaine Awakes

As the sun rose Merlyn woke up stretching like a cat before she climbed out of bed stretching once more. She quickly made her bed before heading to the bowl and jug in the corner, she poured some water into a bowl and the rest into the cup. After finishing off her drink she washed her face, washing away the sleep and waking herself up some more. After drying her face she changed out of her nightgown and into her undergarments, placing her nightgown under her pillow before heading over to her cupboard and pulled out a black underdress and slipped it on, tying it up at the front before she slipped the red overdress on and laced the corset up with her magic.

Humming a soft tune to herself that her mother used to sing to her, Merlyn slipped on her brown belt and brown boots, before she started on her hair. Un-doing the plait she ran a brush through her curly inky tresses, before she re-plaited it into a much neater plait and tied it off with a red ribbon. Once she was ready Merlyn went into the main room noticing Gaius asleep in the chair beside Gwaine's bed, but the covers had slipped down. Smiling softly at the man who had always been like a father to her, Merlin quietly made her way over and covered Gaius with his blanket and Gwaine with his. She still couldn't believe this man was her Soulmate, she just hoped he liked her for her. Deciding to check on his wound before breakfast, Merlyn silently cast a spell to do all of the chores with a flash of her golden eyes.

She was happy to see that it was healing nicely, but she put some paste on his leg to help with the healing before she rewrapped the bandages and started on breakfast. Merlyn had just finished making all three breakfasts when she heard a cough and a grunt from behind her. Turning around with a tray in her hands she felt a blush creep across her cheeks, as Gwaine sat up revealing his bare muscular chest that she hadn't noticed before.
"Hello Merlyn bird." Gwaine said with a smirk on his face. "Where am I? Not that I'm complaining, I get to see your beautiful face again."

"Hi Gwaine." Merlyn said, smiling softly at him as she sat the tray in his lap. "You're in Camelot. You got injured, and Arthur helped me bring you back so Gaius and I could treat you." Merlyn explained as she turned to wake Gaius but Gwaine grabbed her arm.
"Stay. Please." Gwaine said, patting the bed beside him. Merlyn closed her eyes for a moment to try and stop the blush from darkening but it was no use, so she just sat beside him with a soft sigh. "I woke up briefly last night, and I heard something about Soulmates? And Gaius saying something, I don't know what you've been through Merlyn, but I promise you. That I will never harm you and I will try my best to always care for you. I saw what you did at the tavern and I won't tell anyone." Gwaine explained as Merlyn sat there with a wide eyed fearful look on her face.