Chapter Ten, The Crystal Cave

Pairing name: Gwalyn

Chapter Ten, The Crystal Cave

Merlyn followed Taliesin deeper into the Valley of the Fallen Kings until they came to a stop in front of a large cave.
"Taliesin, where are we going?" Merlyn asked, feeling rather confused as she could feel the magic seeping out of the cave in waves. "Why have I been brought here?" She questioned again.
"In good time, dear Emrys, you will discover all." Taliesin replied, allowing her to enter the cave ahead of him.
As she entered the cave Merlyn's eyes widened as she saw hundreds of crystals lining the cave's walls, floor and ceiling, all with the same power as the crystal of Neahtid.
"What is this place?" Merlyn whispered, her magic was bubbling under her skin once again, much like with the crystal of Neahtid and when she had first met Gwaine.

"This is where magic began." Taliesin replied. "It is the Crystal Cave."
Merlyn slowly walked down the small steps deeper into the cave as if in a trance, her eyes were darting all over the place, and her breathing was starting to increase as images started to appear within the crystals.

The Throne Room doors opened revealing a completely different Throne Room then what she was used to. Gone were the Camelot banners; instead there were black banners with a red tree hanging around the room with soldiers bearing the same crest on their armour, and Morgana was sitting on the throne with a bejewelled and ornate crown on her head and a malicious smirk on her face, looking so much like Uther in that moment. Only worse for she had magic at her disposal.

Another vision came showing Merlyn in the square but she didn't look like herself, she looked like she was eighty years old and it looked like she was being led towards her execution while Gwaine fought in the background with tears in his eyes.

Merlyn gasped and turned away from the crystals, turning to face Taliesin so her back was to them. She'd made the mistake of looking in one before and she would not make that mistake once again.
"What is it you see?" Taliesin asked curiously.
"Images, flashes. My soulmate is crying. I've seen something like this before in the crystal of Neahtid." Merlyn explained in turmoil.
"What you see here is exactly the same, for the crystal of Neahtid was hewn from this very cave." Taliesin explained, pointing to the crystals behind Merlyn. "Look into them, Emrys. Really look." He insisted when Merlyn shook her head with tears in her eyes. "Much will be revealed." He assured her.