C6

Kita's POV:

I was in the library sitting with Atsumu, talking about the game we have in a week. We'll be playing against Aoba Johsai University, which has some really strong members like Hajime Iwaizumi, but more fearfully, their server, Tōru Oikawa. 

"You know Kita, Oikawa isn't all that you know." 

"What do you mean?" I asked Atsumu. 

Atsumu responded, "He makes being cocky a personality trait, I mean he acted literally like a piece of trash to-"

He stopped halfway then looked back and I saw Y/N enter.

"Trash towards our team." He completed the sentence. 

Atsumu's POV:  

I don't think it's my place to tell Kita what happened in Y/N's past. I'll always hate Oikawa for what he did to Kang. I was glad that after Y/N completed high school with that worthless piece of trash, she came here. Now I could protect her. She's like my little sister and her smile is one of my pieces of motivation for where I am today. It was her always encouraging me to do what I love, no matter what my parents thought. I get to play volleyball with Osamu, and I partly feel like I owe Y/N for where I am today. 

When I was about to tell Kita by accident though, I saw her enter. She was holding a textbook with a bunch of sticky notes sticking out. 

That's the dorky Y/N I know. 

Kita's POV:

When I saw Y/N, we made eye contact and she gave me that kind & sincere smile she always gives everyone. While she was walking our way. 

 I told Atsumu, before she got here, "Maybe we should be worried about Aoba Johsai, but also we should remember that only consistently practicing with the team will make us better." 

Once Y/N sat down, I asked her how she thought her first day went. 

"Honestly, I really like you guys! I'm really hoping to get to know all of you more and be of more help." 

Her smile was just so serene. It always was. Why is it that I'm just noticing it? We had talked last year, but seeing her more now, I had felt almost, excited, to get to talk to her. Although I knew she was embarrassed by what happened with the water bottles last night, I had texted Kita a bit later that night. 

 Kita: Be a bit nicer to Y/N, it's only her first day. 

Suna: why do you care. 

Kita: It's just called being respectful. I know you don't like talking to new people, and you don't have to talk to her, just try being more calm. 

He had left me on read after that. But seeing her here today, looking completely fine after everything, it made me extremely happy.  

Without thinking, I said, "Well, your bright energy is already enough for us. Everyone notices how you change the mood anywhere you go. It's obvious y/n." 

I looked up from the book I was skimming over and saw Y/N blushing. She was always easy to blush. That made me smile. But she avoided eye contact with me as she thanked me. Atsumu said he was leaving so I told them that I was also going to go clean the bathroom. Y/N asked to clean the bathroom with me. I was honestly surprised, who would want to clean a dirty bathroom? But Y/N was always open-minded about things. I said that she could come along. 

When we walked in silence, I noticed her eye-lashes, they were so long. Her skin was also so surreal. It seemed so smooth and perfect. Once we started to clean, she asked if I kept rags with me, and for the first time in a while, I laughed. Genuinely laughed. 

When we were cleaning, she started to hum. Her voice was so soothing, so I didn't say anything for a minute or two. 

I asked her what she was humming, and she said it was from an anime. Honestly, I'm not really into anime that much, but I wanted to have something to keep the conversation going, so I told her I would watch it. Maybe I would. Probably not though.  

"Y/N, I need to tell you something." 

I was not going to lose anything by telling her. She was still our team's manager. 

"What's wrong? Did I bore you? Oh, if I did, then I'm really sorry. I won't go on and on about something like that if it bothers you. I know anime isn't for everyone." 

"I like you." 

To be completely honest, I don't know if I like-liked her, but I haven't felt this way about anyone before. I saw Y/N stop cleaning, her rag still on the wall. She looked at me. We stared at each other for what seemed like forever, but was probably 30 seconds. 

"Huh?" Was all she said. 

I chuckled. "I like you, Y/N. I want to take you out sometime."

"Like, on a date?" 

I nodded my head, avoiding to look at her and continued to clean. 

She also began cleaning and didn't speak for another good half a minute. While we were cleaning. I thought that the silence meant no. But her rag touched my own rag on the wall. 

I looked at her looking back at me once again. 

"I'd love to, Kita-san." 

I smiled and continued to clean. I checked my phone and we had 5 minutes to get to our classes. She saw the time too and I took the rag from her and we both washed our hands. Neither of us could stop smiling. We grabbed our bags and headed out of the bathroom. 

"Do you want to continue cleaning the bathroom tomorrow morning?"

Y/N nodded and said, "Well, I'm headed to class now. See you during practice!" She waved goodbye and headed the opposite way. 

Y/N's POV:

HE ASKED ME OUT. ON A DATE. After I said bye, I was feeling giddy. There was no other way to describe it. I texted Atsumu to meet me during break so I could tell him what happened.