C36

I moaned into his mouth when the piercing touched my tongue. My hands were on either side of the sofa.

He knew I liked when people were this close to me. But I don't want it to be him. He's my best friend, that's all he's ever been.

It felt like I was kissing a brother.

I took my hands and pushed him away.

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR?" I asked him.

He grinned.

"I've decided that from now on, if you ever feel the need to kiss me to check if you, you know, are good or not, I would not mind."

I looked at him, I was so confused.

I smacked his head.

"Did you even ASK me if I wanted to kiss you? Last time, we were asking for permission and then you said, 'no Y/N I would never want to kiss you', but then what was THAT?"

He rebutted, "Well, that moan didn't sound like you hated it." He fell back on my sofa, closing his eyes and crossing his arms.

I got up, got a pillow that was on the other end of the sofa, and kept hitting him with it.

"Don't- ever- pull- something- like- that- ever- again-" I said every time I hit him.

I put the pillow to the side next to him, and sat back down.

"Atsumu, what was that for?"

"I just wanted to check something."

He put his finger on my lip.

Atsumu's POV:

I wanted to check what you tasted like, is what the truth was.

But also, it was because I know I would never do this anytime again, because I knew, soon, you would be with the person you really can be yourself around.

I knew you acted comfortable, yet kept so much from me.

But I respect that. Seeing you smile is all I need, Y/N. You've already been through enough. 

Y/N's POV:

"Check what?" I said as his finger stayed there.

He then took it away and flicked my forehead.

"I don't approve of Suna for you. But he makes you happy."

I crossed my arms. "Your opinion matters a lot to me, and you know that. But this...this is a decision I can handle myself. You're right. He does make me happy. But I hope you do come around to approving him."

I got up to go to the kitchen and finish the fried rice. Once it was finally ready to eat, I bought two bowls and put them on the table. I called him to come to the kitchen, and he came.

While we were eating, it was silent.

He broke the silence after a while, first. "So...what are you wearing to the banquet?"

I took a bite of my food. I was always confident with my cooking.
"I'm not sure yet. I haven't thought about it...You?"

"The boys are all planning on wearing tuxes." He said.

Suna in a tuxedo, was all I could imagine.

"Hmmm, not a bad combination. Seeing a bunch of guys wearing tuxedos for multiple hours. I think I could get used to that." I smiled at the thought.

Atsumu shook his head. "Y/N, Y/N, Y/N...when will you learn that the hottest of them all is the one sitting right in front of you?"

I took the last bite of my fried rice and stood up taking my bowl and his with me, his was not entirely finished yet.

"Y/N? Come on that joke was so good!" He pouted as I ignored him.

"Please leave my house if you're going to continue that."

He laughed. "I'll leave, but after I help you pick out what to wear, because then you'll become all indecisive, just like how you can't pick a guy."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever." I placed both of our bowls onto the table with the sink. And leaned my hands against the counter.

He followed me and took his bowl, finishing up the last bites.

After he finished in half a minute, he burped. "That was good, since I don't expect less from Miss Kang." He pulled on my arm, "Now time to go pick out your dress."

He pulled me into my room, and pushed me into my closest and held the doorknob. "Now pick out a dress and put it on. I have to make sure our manager looks good."

He closed the door and waited outside.

I turned around to look at my clothes.

I followed whatever was, "trending", but for a banquet, I needed to impress the team.

Impress him.

Then suddenly, it came to my mind.

I looked up at the shelf in my tiny closet. There, layed a box which I haven't opened in years. It was a memory box my father had kept of my mom.

I didn't even think about it until now.

I reached up for it, having to jump to get it, and down slid the box. I fell on my butt while catching it safely.

"Everything okay there?" Atsumu asked from outside the door.

"Yeah!" I yelled back.

I opened the box, and saw the polaroids my mom had taken from when we were younger. I smiled at them.

I dug in a little deeper, to find what I was looking for.

Once I wore it, I came outside to show Atsumu.

When his eyes landed on me, his jaw dropped. He looked me down, then up, then down again.

"It's perfect, Y/N."

I smiled.

~

After school the next day, with no contact with Suna, or any of the boys except Atsumu whatsoever, came the day of the Volleyball Formal at Shiratorizawa.