C7

After the class came break so Atsumu and I headed out and went to our secret spot that only the two of us knew about. It was at the near back of the school where a little fountain was. Well maybe it wasn't a secret but no one we knew came here, so we called it our little hideout. There were a bunch of trees that covered this area and we had found it when he was running away from me our first year in college last year when he stole one of my textbooks and had told me to learn how to relax.  

I tucked my little hair strands behind my ear and started explaining today's earlier events. "You won't believe what just happened this morning. Kita asked me out." 

Atsumu's eyes widened and he jumped from where he was sitting and faced me. 

"WHAT? Tell me everything that happened right now, from the beginning." 

I nodded. "Okay so I know you always knew I had a small thing for him, but we were talking while cleaning and well, he just said it out of the blue. And well, I didn't want to say no."

Atsumu started, "But Y/N, are you sure you're ready to start dating again? Do you remember the last time what happened? I had to come to your house every day for almost a year to make sure you were okay. Do you know how much money I spent on buying ice cream for you? How was your stomach okay after all that sugar?" 

He poked my stomach and I slapped his hand. 

"Don't be going around poking peoples' stomachs you idiot. Anyone in their right mind would wonder if there's something wrong with your head. But, I don't know. It's been more than a year since I've gone out with someone Atsumu. I miss the thrill. And it's Kita. Kita is probably the total opposite of Oikawa. You know that better than I do. I don't think he could even hurt a fly." 

"What about our rule about no going out with the manager?" He asked me. 

I laughed, "YOU created that rule stupid. I'm not asking for your permission obviously. I can go out with whoever I want to. Have I stopped you from hooking up with my friends before?" 

"No but I just need to make sure you're okay."  He took his hand and pulled out a strand of hair that was behind my ear. 

"If someone were to hurt you again, I would never be able to forgive them." He said. 

I looked at him while he looked at my strand of hair that he pulled out. I tilted my head so my eyes were in front of his. 

"Hey. I'm going to be okay. You're by my side after all. And I'm by yours. And besides it's only a date. There are no labels, no anything. Just two people who are going out on one date. Besides, I haven't even told him that I like him yet."

"You didn't?" He asked. 

I nodded and looked behind me at the little fountain that had water flowing out of it. 

"Nope. I want to see how this goes first. I can't let myself go to the first guy who tells me he likes me you know. I know my worth to know I'm better than that." 

He smiled and patted my head. "Well, I hope you two have fun. When are you going?" 

I froze. WE NEVER CAME UP WITH A TIME. 

"Good question Miya." 

He laughed. "You don't know?"

"No, but we'll figure it out. Don't you even worry. Come on break is almost over. And don't you dare say a word of any of this to Kita." 

We both stood up. I started walking first and then Atsumu called my name. 

"Y/N. I forgot to tell you. Our next game is against Aoba Johsai." 

I looked back. 

"What?" 

Atsumu said, "I'm sorry. I didn't tell you sooner. I just found out this morning when Shinsouke and I were talking. But I can come up with an excuse to tell the team you can't make it."

I shook my head. 

"No. I can go. I'm not afraid of him you know." I smiled and continued to walk. 

After school was over, I changed in the locker-room immediately and headed to the gym. Surprisingly, but proudly, I was the first one there. Coach had said he would be late today too. I gathered all of the water-bottles which were empty, and filled them up and carried them to the benches two at a time, so I avoid any messes happening again. When I filled up my last two bottles for the team, I heard someone come in. 

I turned around to see Suna walking in. 

I looked at him and saw him look at me then role his eyes and I swore I heard him say, "Tch", and roll his eyes. 

I walked up to him with a bottle in my hand. "Well, good afternoon to you too." 

He looked at me then at the bottle. He snatched it out of my hand, not saying a single word. He walked away but as he walked away, his shoulder pushed my own. 

Why did this guy hate me so much? What the fuck did I do to him?

 But then again, why was he so familiar? 

I looked back to see him walking towards a bin full of volleyballs, and then I saw the rest of the team coming in. 

When I saw Kita, I smiled, forgetting how much of a bitch Suna was being to me for absolutely no reason. 

When he saw me, he smiled back. 

After practice was over, everyone got the water-bottles I filled up for them and were ready to head back to their locker-room. Before they were about to head back, Kita said, "Remember everyone. Next Saturday, we have a match against Aoba Johsai." 

I was about to head out to go grab my things, but Kita jogged up to me and stopped me as everyone started to disperse, "And this Saturday afternoon, will I be having a meeting with a certain Y/N Kang?"

I looked up acting as if I was thinking, "Hm, I'm sorry, I might be a little busy. I have a little thing with someone on Saturday afternoon." 

He looked down, and almost, sad. 

I laughed. "I'm sorry Kita! I was kidding! I'd love to go out on Saturday. Text me the when and where."

He looked almost like a husky. "I will. Do you want me to walk you to the bus stop?" 

I was going to shake my head, saying it's fine and that he doesn't need to do that. But something unusual happened. 

Suna came up from behind, with his phone in his hands and not making eye contact with anyone, and said, "You know she can fucking walk herself to the bus stop." 

Kita looked behind him to Suna, who was still on his phone. 

"Suna! What type of language is that?" 

"She's not 10 or your little sister. She has legs and can walk herself to the bus." 

"But a woman shouldn't be out by herself so late at night if she can-" 

Suna scoffed, "Her? A woman? She sure as hell doesn't act like one." 

I looked from Kita back to Suna as they exchanged these words about me as if I wasn't in front of them. 

"He's right. I can walk myself Kita. Thank you for worrying about me though. I'll see you tomorrow." 

I gave a small smile acting like I wasn't offended, turned around, and walked toward the locker-room. 

What was Rintarou's problem with me?