C34

I opened the door after wiping my eyes.

"Hey Y/N, I didn't see you at school today, so I asked Atsumu if he knew why, and he said you were taking a mental health day. I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

Said Kita.

I smiled. "I'm fine, thank you for coming to check on me. Why don't you come inside?"

He came inside, and I pointed over at my sofa for him to sit on.

"Do you want anything to eat?" I asked him.

He shook his head. "No, thank you." He put his hands over his knees. "I'll be leaving soon anyways."

I nodded my head. I sat down next to him and started to fidget with my hands as the silence continued.

"So, why did you feel the need to take a break today?"

"Oh, well, I was already ahead of my classes, and I figured the team could be fine without me for a day."

He laughed. "You would think we could survive a day, but without you, the twins got into a fight over an attack they were doing. If you were there, you would have stopped it so quickly."

I chuckled. "Don't worry, I'll be back tomorrow."

"Y/N, you've made me a happier person recently. Just thinking about you gets me smiling. I'm glad that I met you."

The guilt. It was back. I could not take it anymore. I played with my shirt.

"Kita. I'm glad that I met you too. Bu-"

"Wait. Let me finish, if you don't mind, please." He covered my mouth then let go once I nodded.

"I think we should date, if you would like to. I'd like to show you off to everyone I know as the person who makes any room brighter."

I froze.

"Kita. I'd love to. I really would. But trust me, I don't deserve you."

"Why do you think that?" He asked, as he took my hands into his lap.

"I...I just...I know."

"Y/N...if anything, I don't deserve you. But here I am, still telling you how I feel. What do you feel about me?"

"I-"

And then, there was another knock on the door.

We both looked at the door.

"There's someone else, isn't there." He said with a sad smile.

"I'm just really confused." I whispered to him. "I'm so sorry. I wanted to tell you sooner."

He shook his head, still smiling. "I just like seeing you happy, Y/N. It makes me happy too. If that means it's with another person, I'll support you. If that means it still might be me, I'll wait for you. But, I won't wait long."

I looked at him holding my hands. I looked back up to him, he really did deserve someone better than me.

I got up and fixed my shirt, and opened the door halfway, while Kita sat on the sofa.

Outside, stood Suna.

My eyes widened, and I quickly slipped through the door, so Kita would not see who it was.

He may be understanding, but maybe not unless he knows that the other guy I may or may not like was his own teammate.

"Is someone else inside?" Suna asked me.

I nodded my head, and crossed my arms and rested my back on the door.

"Why are you here? I thought I was a bitch who gets attached too quickly, was I not?"

Standing in his volleyball windbreaker and sweats, he responded, "I just wanted to see you."

"Oh, so first you say we were using each other, and now YOU wanted to see me." I scoffed. "You are one of the most bipolar people I have ever met in my life."

He nodded, agreeing with me. "I know, but you put up with it, don't you."

I tilted my head, "I try, I guess. But what you said yesterday hurt, so what makes you think I'm going to for-"

He grabbed my throat, straightening my neck, and kissed me.

He let go after a couple of seconds.

He talked, centimeters away from my lips. "I'm not one to ask for forgiveness, you know that already. So this is hard enough for me. But I can't stay away from you for too long." He kissed me again. "And that's why I need to learn how to from now on."

He let go and walked away, not looking back.

What the fuck just happened.

I walked back into my apartment, confused again.

Did he kiss me, then said he would not see me anymore?

Kita looked at me. "That was him, wasn't it?"

I looked at him. I put my hands behind my back and nodded.

"He can be a real bitch."

He stood up and came closer to me.

He used his hand to caress my face, "Well, I think you deserve someone who knows how to treat you like the angel you are."

That word again. Angel.

He pulled me into a hug, and said, "I'll see you at practice tomorrow, manager Y/N."

We were still going to work together, professionally.

"I'll see you too." He let go of the hug.

"Oh, by the way, did you hear about the banquet Shiratorizawa will be hosting the day before our match against Karasuno?"

I shook my head.

"It's supposed to be a formal type thing for volleyball team members and staff, so we can all get to know each other or something. It sounds really fun! Will you be going?"

I scratched my head. "I'll think about it. Are you?"

He shook his head. "I'm gonna go to my older sister's high school graduation. I would invite you, but it's family only."

I smiled, "I hope you and your family have fun, Kita. I'm proud of your sister! Please give her my congratulations."

He nodded and smiled. "Goodbye, for now, Y/N."

"Goodbye, Kita."

He left and I sat back down on sofa.

I touched my lips, remembering the quick kiss outside.

I knew today that my feelings were for Suna.

The kiss, which he had taken as a sign for leaving me, was my confirmation that I liked him, and only him.

A/N: Hey hey hey everyone! I hope you all enjoyed the chapters from today:D.  I love you all and will hopefully, see you again tomorrow!! Follow my tiktok for more updates if you don't already! @.kageyamaswaterbottle