C31

Suna continued to look down at his phone, with his other hand still in his pocket.

I guess I was supposed to answer. "Suna and I are neighbors! And he had come over to my house because he wanted to watch the new Attack On Titan episode at my place, since my TV was bigger and all."

I felt terrible. But it was not like I was lying. I mean, my TV was bigger than his.

"Well, since you two lovebirds are together, I'm going to head out my way." Suna said, avoiding eye contact with everyone.

I was going to call out his name as he walked away, but thought that would be too weird since Kita and his grandma were right next to me.

I did not want Suna to leave. The fun was just beginning, and I wanted the day to continue with him. But then I looked at Kita. He said some of the most sweetest things anyone has ever said about me, and not even to my face, but to his own grandma. He was definitely what so many girls, guys, and anyone on the planet would call a keeper.

My heart hurt so bad in that moment, because I had no clue what I wanted.

"Kita! Why don't you invite the beautiful girl over to our place?"

"That sounds like a wonderful idea, nana." He smiled and faced towards me. "Miss Kang, would you like to come over to our humble home?" He said as he lightly bowed and put his arms behind his back.

He was such a dork. I smiled. It's not like I had any other plans today anyways, and the ones I did, well, they left.

We took the bus to Kita's grandmother's home, and I had sat behind the two of them on the bus.

I took out my phone to text Suna.

Sorry our plan didn't go through.

I put my phone to the side, checking it to see if he responded, but he had not.

Once we got out of the bus and walked to Kita's home, his grandmother talking about his childhood the whole time, the three of us sat down on the mats.

It became quiet.

His grandmother, in order to break the silence, asked, "So what do your parents do for a living?"

I scratched my head and crossed my legs. This question was always awkward to answer. "Well, my father is a delivery man, so he travels all around Japan. My mother passed away when I was nine, unfortunately."

His grandmother continued. "Oh, I'm so sorry Y/N dear. How did she die?"

Kita looked at his grandmother. "Nana! You don't have to answer that if you're not comfortable, Y/N." As he said when turned to look at my with his eyebrows furrowed.

Kita did not know about my past either. I did not want to scare him. "Well, she um...she committed suicide."

I avoided eye contact with everyone as the room filled with silence.

"Nana, can you leave the room for a second? I want to talk to Y/N by myself."

"Of course, sweetheart."

His grandmother got up, then came my way and squeezed my hand, then left the room.

Kita stood up, then sat down next to me in this little dining room.

"Are you okay?" He asked me, as we both stared at the wall ahead of us.

"Yeah, I am. It happened ten years ago, so I've been used to answering those questions." I turned to face him and smiled.

He did not face me. "Does it bother you when I talk about my family?" His face looked so sad.

I shook my head. "Kita, I love hearing about your life. It makes me happy. You're a hardworking man, and you deserve so much."

He deserves more than what I could give him, that's for sure. I keep too much from him.

He then looked at my hand, that was next to me on the mat. He took it with his hand, and put it on his legs which were crossed. He then lifted my hand to his lips, and kissed it, then brought it down to his lap.

"How do you manage to always stay smiling and happy all the time?" He stared at me, waiting for my answer.

I took a moment before answering. "I'm not sure." I smiled again. "I don't want to see others down, so I hope that they never want to see me down too." I shrugged my shoulders. I did not think people cared about me whether I was happy or sad, but it was the best answer I could give him.

He put his head on my shoulder. "But they do care about you, Y/N. The people who you don't want to see upset. They care about you. I care about you, Y/N."

My heartbeat stopped for a second.

I blinked as I took in his words.

Some people do care about me in this world. Kita, my father, Atsumu, my mother, at least when she was alive.

But did Suna?

I realized there that I needed to stop worrying about what people thought of me, and only worry about the people who are important to me.

That's what Suna had meant in the bathroom when he had told me that I should be giving "that" energy to Oikawa.

I closed my eyes and put my head on top of his which was still on my shoulder. "Thank you, Kita." I whispered. I grabbed his hand even tighter, and we stayed like that for a while.

A while later, he got up and took out his hand so I could stand up. We spent the rest of the time cooking with his grandma, and then eating the food we made, while talking about his grandmother when she was young, and it was just a really nice time. I felt as if I was eating with a family.

I missed that feeling.

While we were talking, I asked if it was okay to ask what Kita's parents did, and he said that they were farmers, and that one day, he would also like to be a farmer and live in the countryside. I told him I hoped his dream would come true.

"Thank you for the meal! I really enjoyed it."

"No, thank you Y/N! Who knew you would be such a good cook!"

I smiled. "I'll be taking my leave now, but I hope I can see you again soon!"

When I was making my way out, Kita said, "I'll come with you, to make sure you get to your stop properly."

I checked my phone to see the time was a bit past 6 in the evening, and checked my messages. Suna had left me on read.

I looked up and nodded at Kita.

I hugged his grandmother and we made our way out.

While walking, Kita took my hand.

"You know, this outfit really makes your skin look beautiful."

I blushed, as he moved his thumb side to side while holding my hand.

"You are a really sweet person, Kita. Thank you." I smiled again.

We continued to walk in silence, until we got to my stop.

"I hope we can do something like this again." He said. Then, he kissed my forehead.

I just smiled. Even though I had a good time, I worried about if what I was doing was wrong.

"See you tomorrow, Kita."

I hugged him, and my bus arrived. I got on and thought back to what happened in the morning, to what happened as the day progressed.

I was worried about Suna, I did not want him mad at me. I felt worse because I had enjoyed my time with Kita.

I wondered what he had done all day.