Chapter 23 | 15 years

School led on with the usual. Except for that I now have a complete love life. Conner and me made our official commitment on what day I soon to later remember. All I know is that I can be loved once again, instead of being dropped when someone better came along down the boy's path.
Conner and me went to the 8th grade dance and I have to say it was somewhat awkward. I was to nervous to slow dance, which I know is pretty cheeky, but I did do the Cupid shuffle a few times before flintiness got me to ask for some punch. Great right?
Anyway. Back to more "recent" occurring daydreams. Or what I like to call them: the "reoccurring thoughts that have been played inside my head right before I sleep" reality.
In these daily adventures I went to high school for the first time yesterday. High school. Freshman. Fresh meat. Tomato-tomato.

"Honey? Can I come in?"
"Mom. I'm writing?"
"Oh ya. I forgot the doctor gave you that."

Backing it for you. The doctor, is my psychiatrist. My mom sent me there when I had a meltdown in the locker room. Did you know they have hidden cameras in the girls locker stalls? Perverted. Way too "perv."

"Ya. I'm just about finish-ed. Okay. What?"
"Your father is on the phone."
"I don't want to speak to him. You can refer on page one to fifty on reasons why not." I lay down on my bed hugging my journal.
"I think you need to talk. He's giving you-"
"Not more money right? Or maybe he's stepped it up! Maybe he's gotten me a puppy."I played myself of as sassy confident.
"Neither. It's a dealing with plans."
"What?" I fidget with my fingers as I look at my mom. "Give me the phone." I roll my eyes and push back my hair.

I overhear a girl talking on the other end.

"Who's that?"
"No one-my fiancé."
"Your getting married?" I fell tense.
"Yes. Now I have arrangements with you."
"What kind of arrangements?"
"Placing."
"Please tell me your not going to adopt me."
"Your coming down here."
"Where's down here?"
"Rio!"
"Rio?!" My heart dropped.
"Yes! Doesn't that sound fun?"
"I have to go. I'm sorry."

I hung up and immediately bawled. I grabbed my phone with the strength I had in me and called Conner.

"C-onner?" I stumbled through words.
"What?! Are you okay? Why are you crying? I'll be right over! I'm only a street-"
"Stop."
"What?"
"Stop loving me."
"Why I would-"
"I have to leave."
"Why? Where are you going?"
"My dad wants me to go to Rio. I'm not going. I'm running away Conner."
"I'll run away too. Your my everything."
"Conner. You have a life. I don't. I need you to for-full your life. I'm sorry."
"No. I'll be right over. At 12:00 pm."
"12:00?"
"Yes. I'll be there at the tree in front of your house. Be ready."
"Okay bye."
"Bye."

I hung up and immediately started packing. I packed extremely heavy and I got everything I would need. I even grabbed some pictures.
I looked at my phone and it read 11:58pm.
I ran into the hallway making sure my mom was asleep. I left a note on her nightstand that read:
Dear mom,

I'm leaving. I'll be back. I have my phone so you can call me. I disabled the tracking on your phone. I can track you but you can't track me. I'm sorry, but I can't go to Rio. I'll be back when I'm 18. I'll be legal then. Don't worry. I'll be back.

Till we meet again.
Love you mom
~Leigh