Chapter 6 | 8 mths

Christmas Day:

"Ho! Ho! Merry Christmas!" Yelled my dad wearing a white beard.

He patted his belly and ran to get me and carried me down the stairs to wear I found socks on the fireplace filled with all kinds of goodies!

"Okay I'm going to go get a blanket for you to sit on and unwrap presents!"

My mom came in a squatted In front of me holding a spoon with a cinnamon smell to it.

"Try it!"

I licked the spoon and swallowed. It was amazing! In react to this I grabbed the spoon and tried to eat it.

"No don't eat the spoon silly! Here's daddy with that blanket!"
"Here we go sweetie."

They picked me up pretty high and sat me down. They placed a big present right in front of me! I tried to grab onto it, but I couldn't find anywhere to start. This is wear my dad stepped in and helped me pull. We unwrapped it until it reviled a push mobile!

"Look! You can walk it around!"
"Let's open it!"

The got a sharp knife and sliced it right on top. He popped open the cardboard, and after a lot of twisting and wires, he sat the push mobile in front of me. I tried to grab it but it was to high for me to reach.

"Okay let me lower it for you."

He lowered it to where I could wrap my hands around it. I tried to pull myself up, but instead the cart went rushing in front of me making my fall straight on my face. I belted out crying! It hurt!

"Awe it's okay. Maybe you can play with this when your a little older. I'll go get you that kiddie ice pack."

He looked into my eyes and I saw the sparkle. It was a sign of love. He reached for my head and rubbed it for a few seconds and gave me to my mom. She rocked me while she walked to the kitchen. She sat me in the high chair and gave me some mashed peas.

"Okay here we go. Does that feel better Leigh?"

I smiled and laughed.

"Oh well I guess so!"

Ding dong! I looked at the glass door and it was Rebecca, Clark and Lane. They came through the door by my mom. They came in and said their hi's.

"Awe look at Leigh! What happened! Taylor are you already teaching her softball?"
"Uh no! I'm not that stupid."
"Right. Anyway Lane wanted to come and play. He wanted to show Leigh his new toy."
"Oh okay come here Leigh!"
He picked me up making my arms go up. He sat me on my blanket. Lane came wobbling over. He was already walking. But he wasn't that good of one.
Me and Lane played with his new "soft" blocks. We tried and attempted to build a building. He would scream at me a few times cause I would knock it down, but I thought we were playing military buildings?

"So Lane is how old now Clark?" Said Taylor.
"He's about a year and two months."
"Oh okay so they would be in the same grade?"
"Yep!"
"Well then they could look out for each other just in case they happen to meet someone like Aaron."
"Yea really! I hade your back though!"
"You did! You better raise him to do that for my daughter! And to keep my daughter away from boys like me!"
"Yes no PDA. Am I right Taylor." Autumn said as she winked.
"We were in 9th grade common!"
"But still."