Chapter 19 | 14 years

Next morning. New house. It's different, but has a good vibe.

*beep...beep*
"Ugh what now annoying, inanimate object?"

I lay in my bed for about...five minutes, enough to rest my eyes a little more. I open my eyes to where I'm staring at the ceiling. I'm confused. I never wake up myself. Where's-oh... Right.
Mom screams from downstairs:

"Leigh! Get dressed! Some of your clothes are still in boxes down here. Come get them now! And hurry so!"
"Ugh! Coming!"

I reach over to my nightstand. I grab my phone and start to unlock my home screen when I notice I have a message from Lennon.

- Omg! I have news!

I send:

- What? Your scaring me.

She texts back right away. Gosh, must be important.

- Do you know Ross?
- No.
- Yes you do. It's the one in your class!
- Okay maybe. What's your point?
- I found out he's single!
- Um, well most people are at this age.
- I know but I think he likes you!
- Really?
- Ya!
- I actually sit behind him. I'll see.

I turn off my phone and excitement roars in my stomach. Do I like him? No. I barely even know him. No.

At school:

"Hey? Your Leigh right?"

This girl with long black hair and pale skin walked up to me with flyers in her hand.

"Yeah. What's it to you."
"I'm just here to say, you made the team."
"How do you know?"
"I'm Paisley. The coach's daughter."
"Ok, Paisley."
"Well, um..."

She started swirling her hair nervously.

"You okay?"
"Yeah. It's just-never mind. Oh wait! He's looking! Look away!"
"Who?"

I turn around and a kid with blond hair and hazel eyes looked right at me. I turned away and went to look again for a better look, or to say see if he was staring.
I look a second time and our eyes met once again. Man. I felt something.
I look back at Paisley and she was paler then before.

"Well that's just great."
"What?"
"He didn't look at me. Not one time. Not one!"
"He actually looked at me-twice."
"I know." She rolled her eyes. "I saw."
"He's not worth it okay?"
"What ever."
"Why is it I always tell people that." I mumbled.

I start to walk with my book-bag on one shoulder and I notice that that kid was walking a little faster then me, passing me.

"Whoa. Slow down."
"What? Oh, haha."

He blushed. Omg. He likes me. I already can tell.
I followed him to class and I see that he's in the same class with me. How could I not of noticed him? Wow.
I sit down and I look behind me. Ross. I totally forgot about him. He was the one I was supposed to like, but now I'm not so sure.
I was awoken by a daydream of a tap on the shoulder.

"Is this seat taken. I'm new here. I'm Conner."

It was him. The guy I met. He's fixing to sit right next to me. Okay. Don't blow it.

"Yea. It's not taken, actually I'm kinda new here too."
"Good so I'm not alone."

He sat down and he had the most beautiful dirty blond hair that was fairly short, and his eyes weren't hazel, I now realize. They are a deep blue. He had light freckles and clear braces. When he would speak it was a little higher then normal, with also a little lisp caused most likely by the braces.

"So. Where are you from?"
"Oh. I'm from Maine."
"Wow. I'm from here. Ha, exciting right."
"Haha. Well at least you have everyone here."
"Ya. But, I don't really have anyone, not in this class."
"What about me?"
"I meant not counting you."
"Oh okay good."

He punched my arm, which I don't know if I should be happy or angry about that.

"Okay kids settle down. First in drama we are going to do some Auditions. Um, let's start with Ross?"