Chapter 3 | 7 mths

So my father has been home, for about a month now. He doesn't have to do anything that hardcore like that last job until about a few years. Which I'm glad. He's good company to have around. He holds me differently, feeds me differently and says I'm beautiful everyday. How great of a father is that. I couldn't ask for a greater one.

Anyway, Lane is supposed to be coming over for my mom's monthly book reading with her five friends. I haven't seen Lane since his one year old birthday which was only about a month ago. So I guess not that long. I bet he's still attached at the hip with his mom.

All of a sudden there was a knock on the door.

"Hey Autumn were here!"

"Oh hey faith and Ally! Oh and Lindsey! Where's Rebecca?"

"She's getting the books out of the car. Now where's Leigh!"

"She's in the high chair in the kitchen. She's having lunch."

"Oh I can't wait to see that little pumpkin!"

A blond haired lady came rushing through the kitchen. She picked me up and made a weird noise on my stomach.

"Wasn't that fun? Bloooop!"

"Whaaaa!"

"Oh I'm gonna put you back down now for your mommy to take care of you."

My mom came in and picked me up by my underarms. She carried me to the living room where she sat me next to Lane.

"Look it's your friend!"

"Wha ah!" Said Lane.

Lane had brownish dark hair, straight on top, but curly in the back. He had also bright green-blue eyes. He looked a lot like one of my moms friend, Rebecca.

"So have you been thinking about preschools yet for Lane Rebecca? I know Clark has been wanting you to sign him into happy dolphins. Are you?"

"I don't know. It's kinda far away. We're probably going to do larksville preschool."

"That's what we were thinking for Leigh."

"Have you talked to Taylor about it?"

"Yea well just on FaceTime. We haven't got the chance to talk about schooling since he got back. We've been going on dates since he's been back to strengthen our relationship."

"Well that's good. How about you Faith? Are you and Boone doing good?"

"Yea! We're going on our honey moon in a few days. But the real question is for ally."

"What?" Says ally.

"We know by smith. It's great that you too have gotten back together."

"Oh. Yea it is. We don't even know why we broke up. But just to be safe we're taking it slow."

"Good. Well let's put Lane and everyone upstairs with the boys." Says mom.

She grabs me and pulls me to her side while she carries me up the stairs. She runs making me bite my tongue. Rebecca runs up the stairs carrying Lane. He looks straight at me with an empty stare.

"Taylor take your daughter. And Clark make sure you don't do anything."

"Ya Clark I'm watching you." Said Rebecca with a smirk on her face.

"Come here baby girl. Let's watch some baseball yay!"

He grabbed my hands ever so gently to where he then made me clap. Several times actually, but I didn't really care.

"Oh! Common! Who are they putting on bat now these days!"

"Taylor slow down. It's okay. They are trying there best. But we were pretty awesome back in middle school."

"We were. I'm hoping this girly does some softball."

"She will. It's in her blood."

"If she's as good as her mom then she'll be the best they will ever have."

"Team captain worthy?"

"Definitely."

Softball? I've heard of my mom speaking of it but it was always about her doing it. But if my dad wants me to do it, I'll do it for him. And I'll work till I get that team captain placement. I've got a lot of determination for a 7 month year old don't you think?